Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WavesArt Kronos Cinematic Suite has been released !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

studio460 wrote:
This demo sounds simply amazing! Kudos, Antony! I can't wait!

If your main concern is solo Strings , you might have to focus mainly to Strings Suite EXs and not at huge
Cinematic Suite that will cost more than double !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
studio460

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the solo strings, but your entire Cinematic Suite seems perfect for what I'm looking for: full orchestral sounds. Everything from viola to timpani. The violin glissando and portamento performances in the demo sound truly realistic. Everything in the demo sounds amazing: choir, brass, orchestra, etc. As you say, you'll get the equivalent of four or five EXs libraries in your suite so your suite actually sounds like a pretty good deal!

Korg Nautilus 61 AT + DS1H + EXP2 | Korg Kronos 2 Platinum 88 | Korg Radias | Korg Kaoss Pad KP3+ | Kaossilator Pro+ | Kronos Remote iOS
PCG Tools v3.2.0 | WavesArt Cinematic Suite EXs

AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree , just wondered !
I presume that you're a pro photographer according to my brief look in your tutorials link ,
nice , I'm video/photo enthusiasm too ! Very Happy

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
studio460

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thanks for looking at my site! I work in entertainment as a TV camera operator. Going to shoot the Annihilation premiere in a couple hours. Will try to grab a few snaps of Natalie Portman!

Korg Nautilus 61 AT + DS1H + EXP2 | Korg Kronos 2 Platinum 88 | Korg Radias | Korg Kaoss Pad KP3+ | Kaossilator Pro+ | Kronos Remote iOS

Last edited by studio460 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send us some footage then ! Laughing

studio460

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject: Natalie Portman Reply with quote

I removed these images from the thread since I thought they were a bit distracting and off-topic. You can see a photo I took of Natalie Portman here: http://studio460.com/images/nataliex-2.jpg

Last edited by studio460 on Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:18 pm; edited 5 times in total
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

studio460 wrote:
Going to shoot the Annihalation premiere in a couple hours. Will try to grab a few snaps of Natalie Portman!

Nice! I can't wait to see ANNIHILATION. I'm a fan of Andrew Garfield's work.

And, yes, those are some nice demos, Antony.
studio460

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, back on-topic!

I just read your WavesArt development description and analysis section of your site. It sounds really great with what you've done with the efficient use of polyphony and other programming techniques. The descriptions of your engineering and programming methods sound very cleverly done and appears to present a product uniquely tuned to the capabilities of the Kronos. Really, really looking forward to this!

Also, it's great that you've included so many timpani samples, which I love. In addition to great-sounding strings and woodwinds, I also really love orchestral percussion—especially metallic orchestral instruments (concert bells, triangle, cymbals, gongs, etc.), and it looks like you have that mostly covered with your Glockenspiel, cymbal, and gong samples.

A few questions if you don't mind: Could you explain briefly your "round-robin of three levels?" Does that mean three articulations per sample (e.g., when sustained)? Also, how are the choir samples constructed? The demo sounds much more than merely a collection of "ooohs and "ahhhs." So I suppose you have several different formants recorded (but no actual lyrics)? Thanks!

AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike

Now on the questions :
- Round robin is featured as in VST , separate samples per same note and same velocity layer , the third announced
level use the fake round robin based on neighbour samples when are made per semitone , a technique that VST
developers also use as all Kronos EXs that claim of Round-Robin feature.
But the other stuff like timpani / SD /percussion have 2-4 Round Robin original samples per 1-8 velocity layers ,
and not only that , they are precisely tuned at layered note , for instance if you play (as in video demo) G-A-C then
timpani are at the same tuning with low brass , very important for real time performing !

- Epic Choirs are exactly as in latest commercial VST Cinematic bundles I also develop , built with very selective mixed
male , boys & female chorus , with 5 and 6 sequenced phrases with emphasis on specific vowels (and not lyrics) , like
Gregorian chorus shape in latest Epic type music covered moovies.
Very difficult to accurately develop them , but this is my job here Wink

Hope this helps

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:29 am; edited 5 times in total
studio460

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thanks for that explanation, Antony! I only understood about 50% of what you said, (and I think I understand the other 50%), but that all sounds awesome!

AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Project's official release will delay for 3-4 more days since I had to implement extra 10 Adagio Cellos of ambient sampling
I had recently done , that will add extra colour to specific Strings, Horns & Woodwinds ensembles plus 16 Bass Trombones
that are must assets for Cinematic Suite , for pure 3 x 16 "Trombination" Wink (DFD Ram was raised to 656Mb though)

studio460

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Project's official release will delay for 3-4 more days since I had to implement extra 10 Adagio Cellos of ambient sampling
I had recently done . . .

Nice! You know I love cellos! I'm sure your adagio cellos will be very nice! Very excited Antony! Take your time!

AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The effort confirmed my expectations ... Very Happy
New Cellos have provided more transparency in Strings section in many complex combinations !
I have to clarify something that a lot of users are asking via messages :
You have nothing to unload from Preload.KSC !!!
Cinematic Suite requires exactly 656 Mb of Kronos 2 free Ram , and factory free Ram with
factory Preload.KSC loaded , is already more than 775 Mb ...

AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a last real time demo of newly added 10 Adagio Cellos in Cinematic Symphonic Strings and a brief demo of solo
Cello Stradivarius in trio and solo where you can listen at the end , how articulations can work in parallel while one pressed
key is hold on tremolo and other articulations like glissando or bend up are working independenly and vice-versa.

Headphones are required to listen to the depth and dimensions

studio460

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Headphones on . . . WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Gorgeous, Antony!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really sounds fantastic! So deep and rich, and as you say, with a lot of dimension! Well done, sir! Can't wait to hear this on my own Kronos someday!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: