Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe ESX2 track mute option

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pedro666

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Electribe ESX2 track mute option Reply with quote

Hi,running the esx2 for loops and using the part mute option to mute parts when i want.
want i want to know is is there a way of muting the part instantly instead of waiting to the end of the bar?
At the moment i press the pad/part i want to mute and when it gets to the end of the bar it mutes..........which is great but sometimes i want to mute the part half way through a bar etc

is there an option to do this?is it something to do with quantize setting?

any help would be great.

cheers

pete
Poggianti

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muting parts is like mute the midi note that triggers the loop . Using part mute is not possible to do what you are asking for.
yhonatex

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just delete the steps in the loops sequence from the halfway point? That should stop its playing abruptly for the rest of the bar.

If you need a fade out with a delay/reverb/decay tail, since part mute cannot be motion sequenced, try recording the halfway point through last step of the bar to Level = 0. It should return to the previous value if you stop recording that before top of next (or same bar), otherwise ensure it has the desired level for the first half.

I turn the BPM way down to motion record or step edit very fine parameter values like this.

Found this related tip on Facebook:
Quote:
record a synth sound through the whole pattern. When you've finished press part mute(make sure you still triggered the synth sound). then play the pattern and press on part erase in some sort of rhythm you like. It mutes the synthsound through the whole rhytm exactly as you pressed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: