Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Montage 2.0 & Midi
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Sani and D575, and I speak from the perspective of having owned a Montage 7 for 6 months, which on the whole I am very happy with, but like other Yamaha's I have owned seems to have some pretty stupid quirks, like the EX5 performance mode only allowing two parts to be played from the keyboard! Shocked

The Montage is a performance synth, it is sold as that, sure. But it is also declared as being multi-timbral and being an excellent master keyboard. So the situation is not as black and white as suggested.

My point as a user who has paid Yamaha a lot of money that helps pay the wages and shareholders, is that I would like to offer constructive criticism for future improvement, which is, if you can set the transmit channel of a part in Zone Master mode, it would be nice if it used that channel number for data reception as well as transmission.

That would be a huge bonus on stage in quite a few circumstances, it does not detract from the ethos of the Montage as a Performance Synth and it would be relatively trivial to implement (I know as I code MIDI routines in my librarians) whilst they are addressing other things in the next release.

I would far rather Yamaha address something like that (and ability to select a set list via MIDI) rather than spend effort on adding yet more preset performances to the list that I will not use Smile

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further discussion here https://www.yamahasynth.com/forum/set-the-receive-channel-of-each-part-individually
Devnor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That thread is almost 2 years old. There are 2 key quotes from Bad Mister:

Quote:
There are reasons the engineers have done this, and they are already studying the ramifications of this.

Quote:
Bottom line, you'll need a controller that can control multiple destinations simultaneously, in addition to multiple zone transmit.

There is a ton of gear that will function like these users want but maybe not their $199 GC USB keyboard or their 35 year old DX7.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devnor wrote:
That thread is almost 2 years old. There are 2 key quotes from Bad Mister:

Quote:
There are reasons the engineers have done this, and they are already studying the ramifications of this.

Quote:
Bottom line, you'll need a controller that can control multiple destinations simultaneously, in addition to multiple zone transmit.

There is a ton of gear that will function like these users want but maybe not their $199 GC USB keyboard or their 35 year old DX7.
Yes this is almost 2 years old and still very relevant, So the 3rd option with the suspension of some aspects of functionality would be the compromise, which many would welcome...... my understanding is the drawbridge is not up on this despite BM public stance which of course he has to maintain until otherwise instructed.... numbers matter for this update and that could trigger a positive outcome.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: