Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feb'18 - Future Cumbia (rough)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:43 am    Post subject: Feb'18 - Future Cumbia (rough) Reply with quote

Future Cumbia
C# Minor
110bpm

This is a rough that I did with a friend based on the Cuban Havana combi in the Kronos. Unfortunately I don't think either of us thought it was cool enough to continue working on it.
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I gave it a listen!

Given that this area of the forum seems not terribly active, I'll throw my two cents about OSAM out.

I probably don't care what the key signature and tempo are. Would be more interested to know if there's a particular aspect of the song you're looking for feedback on. Or if there's just something you want to highlight about it (techniques used, exploring some particular style/genre, exploring a particular synth engine, "I was really focusing on the mix", or vocals, or drums, or whatever!)

So for now I'll just ask: what inspired you to try to make a song using this combi? I ask because it seems you've decided to abandon it. Combi just not take you where you thought it would?
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The key and tempo are were added to keep in line with the format I laid out while kicking off OSAM this year. The idea was for people to add their song info so I could create a mix out of all the submissions for the month. But yah since people aren't posting I suppose I don't need to include the key and tempo.

Not too much to highlight on this one. The song structure gave me some difficulty. The backing chords are in six and the rhythm is in four. That made composing harder than necessary since the beat and rhythm realign every 12 bars. There's no bridge but there is a breakdown that sortof functions like one. I'd like to compose something with a legitimate bridge though with it's own chord progression, maybe that'll be the goal for my next song.
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting to hear about the genesis of a song, and how others approach it. For me, my best stuff usually starts with a riff or a hook or a lyric in my head (when I'm lucky enough to get such an elusive gift), and goes from there.

I think I would have trouble starting with a combi. Some of them are already so built up that they're practically already a song when you hold a few keys down! Even if it's inspiring, I think I would have a more difficult time un-winding and restructuring it than starting from a green field. But I imagine what works for each of us is a little different, and it's interesting to hear how others approach it.

Well, nice work on this one. Even if you don't develop it any further, I'm sure you gained from it. Hopefully the OSAM thing will take off again. Seems like such a great idea. And I am running out of February fast! Best get to work. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: