Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos2 upgrades
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ermusic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Can some help 3.1.2 from 3.0.4 upgrade kronos 88 Reply with quote

Went ahead and removed extra ssd drive and internal thumb drives, tried reinstalling the upgrade to 3.1.2 and still fails saying ERROR THE SYSTEM UPDATE WAS NOT SUCESSFUL. Is there something wrong with my board. Just got it in Sept already upgraded to 3.0.4. I would like to use the split feature. On the usb drive are files BC, DisplayUpdateMessage, Install.info, Kronos_Update_3_1_2.csum, Kronos_Update_3_1_2.tar (zip file), md5sum, posttar.sh, pretar.sh and an empty folder mnt. Why is this not updating? I have tried everything even using an sd card. Stll no luck.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Can some help 3.1.2 from 3.0.4 upgrade kronos 88 Reply with quote

ermusic wrote:
Went ahead and removed extra ssd drive and internal thumb drives, tried reinstalling the upgrade to 3.1.2 and still fails saying ERROR THE SYSTEM UPDATE WAS NOT SUCESSFUL. Is there something wrong with my board. Just got it in Sept already upgraded to 3.0.4. I would like to use the split feature. On the usb drive are files BC, DisplayUpdateMessage, Install.info, Kronos_Update_3_1_2.csum, Kronos_Update_3_1_2.tar (zip file), md5sum, posttar.sh, pretar.sh and an empty folder mnt. Why is this not updating? I have tried everything even using an sd card. Stll no luck.

I probably don't understand the mods you have made to your K.

3.1.2 should load install from a simple USB thumb drive. The K might not like other media devices.

If you google search the forum, the update process and any issues has been discussed hundreds of times
leonh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apex wrote:
What else do you need the Kronos to do? .... That could come with an OS update?

Give you a massage Very Happy
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How far does the update process get?

There is also a Manuals folder amongst the install file structure that may need to be present, even if it is not used.

It might be best to clean format the USB stick using FAT32 format with no hidden files, then copy the install file structure to the root of the drive.

All other USB devices should be disconnected.
ermusic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: SOLVED!! Unable to update Kronos to 3.1.2 Reply with quote

Thanks for all the input for why my Kronos was not updating to 3.1.2 from 3.0.4. Actually something told me to start with the very next update first. So i installed 3.1.0 and it went right in. Next installed 3.1.2 and that finally went right in. Kronos in my case must have been looking for the next update after the 3.0.4. I was jumping directly to the 3.1.2. I though it would update from any previous version. Next time I will not open it up to remove the self installed thumb drives and the extra ssd drive as I believe I shouldn't have this problem with the next update.
Tfortexas

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish it would auto load .sng files/set lists
studio460

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ermusic wrote:
Thanks for all the input for why my Kronos was not updating to 3.1.2 from 3.0.4. Actually something told me to start with the very next update first. So i installed 3.1.0 and it went right in. Next installed 3.1.2 and that finally went right in. Kronos in my case must have been looking for the next update after the 3.0.4. I was jumping directly to the 3.1.2.

I just got a "new" Korg factory-refurbished K2 88 Platinum last week with no end-user modifications. It currently has v3.0.4 installed. Do I need to perform incremental update installs as ermusic had to do, or were any of you able to jump directly from 3.0.4 to 3.1.2? Thanks!

Korg Nautilus 61 AT + DS1H + EXP2 | Korg Kronos 2 Platinum 88 | Korg Radias | Korg Kaoss Pad KP3+ | Kaossilator Pro+ | Kronos Remote iOS
PCG Tools v3.2.0 | WavesArt Cinematic Suite EXs

studio460

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success! I just updated my K2 from 3.0.4 directly up to 3.1.2. Installation took only about two minutes and went without a hitch.

Korg Nautilus 61 AT + DS1H + EXP2 | Korg Kronos 2 Platinum 88 | Korg Radias | Korg Kaoss Pad KP3+ | Kaossilator Pro+ | Kronos Remote iOS

studio460

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! Spoke too soon! I had my Roland sustain pedal working (with reverse-polarity set in the Kronos menu) perfectly before the upgrade—now it doesn't work at all!

mikeyd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="studio460"]Ha! Spoke too soon! I had my Roland sustain pedal working (with reverse-polarity set in the Kronos menu) perfectly before the upgrade—now it doesn't work at all![/quote]

That’s weird. Did you get it working? Not sure how it could impact it so it doesn’t work at all. Might have to change the polarity but never seen a situation where the pedal doesn’t work at all after an OS upgrade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: