Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

songbook - first question!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gskip

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject: songbook - first question! Reply with quote

OK, so I just got a 1000 and am trying out Songbook. I noticed that there are duplicate entries for each song. Is something wrong here? I put one of my songs in and it was only a single entry and played fine.
Should I delete the duplicate entries or what?
This is, I am sure, the first of many questions since I am used to the Yamaha OS.

Thanks,
Skip
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst I only have the 700 there were no duplicates but there was an update late last year that replaced all the song entries with amended ones.

You may like to check on your local Korg website for any changes and also have a talk with the store that supplied the 1000.

The update for the 700 songbook replaced the oddly titled songs like “the day before today” with “Yesterday”, apparently it is a copyright thing.
Kimbol1940

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I'm just wondering how do you like the pa1000 so far you're the first one on the site that's actually got their hands on one congratulations on getting a PA 1000 is it as good as you expected or disappointed with any features or sounds or Styles let us know it would be very much appreciated by everyone thanks again

John
gskip

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,
So far I am pleased with the 1000. When I ordered it I knew it would have some shortcomings but for what I needed, it is very good. It is not a PA4x, but it comes very close.
I am trying to learn as much and as quickly as I can about the Korg and the OS.
The sounds are good and the styles are fine. I particularly like the ease of editing/tweaking the styles and songs while playing.
The reason I got it was I needed a lightweight 61 key with built in speakers.
The build on the 1000 is good and it looks nice. The speakers sound great and I plan on using them later as a monitor system for my pa. For me, the better I hear what's going on, the better I seem to play.
The other reason I wanted a 1000 was the TC Helicon harmonies. There is only one page of them, but they sound great. I will try editing the harmonies later.
Also, the Songbook is nice and if I can find out how to fix mine soon I will be much happier.
So far I have only found two minor glitches, but since the build version is 1.0.1 I am sure there will be some updates coming.
I would love to just sit down and play, but I have a lot of learning to do yet!
Thanks,
Skip
Kimbol1940

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi skip
I guess the more you play on the PA 1000 the more comfortable you will be with the pa1000.
I have a pa800 that I've had for over 10 years and I'm gigging with it almost every weekend. it's been great so far however I am looking for an upgrade to my pa800 .
I wish I could afford the pa4x unfortunately not in my budget I was looking for something that comes close to it .
I have read that the pa1000 apparently has the same sound engine as the pa4x just not as many samples or sounds which would mean that it should sound just as good or close to the pa4x. And the Styles in the pa1000 have many of the same styles on the pa4x.
congratulations again and have fun with your new keyboard.
John
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all honesty anyone with a 700 to 900 would be better looking to upgrade to a 4X.

Yes there is a massive price difference but the difference between a 700 and a 1000 is mainly in the available voices and sounds between the models whereas the 4X is a quantum leap better in voices, styles and adaptability.

I have had my 700 for three months and when it is time to upgrade the 1000 will be bypassed.

Yes the 1000 is great but it is not vastly better than the models below it.

Compare them in store and I doubt you will disagree.
gskip

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update- problem solved!
I learned to do a partial backup (without the Songbook) and did a factory restore of said songbook. Now it works as it should.
So far, the only other difficulty is with Global settings. I go to Global and choose, say - uncheck factory protect - and exit out of it. The problem is I can't get to another Global page without a reboot. Just a minor glitch, unless I'm missing something.
As far as the 1000 goes, yes the 4x is more fully functional, but until Korg makes a 61 key 4x WITH SPEAKERS, I am more than satisfied with the PA1000 as it suits my needs.

Skip
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi gskip. Sorry to come into this late after you have found a way to solve your problem. Only just seen the post.

For future reference all you had to do was initialize your keyboard songbook [Dropdown box top right screen] which would have deleted it. You could have then just reloaded the original songbook through Media.

Good luck with the learning curve. It will be well worth it... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: