Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Memorising Tones - Pa1000

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chalith

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject: Memorising Tones - Pa1000 Reply with quote

Is it possible to memorise tones to keyboard set list buttons 1 to 9 ?
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.

To answer your question, No it is not currently possible, Set Lists do not work that way.

For a specific Style, four appropriate Set Lists are assigned by Korg to each Style.

You can change these but first you have to save the chosen Style to a User Bank location, then you can modify a Set List so that a specific instrument sound is applied as basically first choice and then save this Set List and apply it to one of the four available switches which are under the LCD, repeat this for the three other available switches and thats it.

Then you have four instruments/combo sounds available at a single touch of a switch.
Chalith

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the information. Appreciate if you can explain me about the function of these set list buttons.
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't own a PA1000 but a PA4X, but OS is quite similar I guess.
Get familiar with the fantastic Songbook feature ASAP.
You can program almost anything in it to your liking, also tones (KBD SETS) with the styles.
Songbook is one of the most powerfull tools in Korg arranger keyboards.

see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNij-hmFFWM

Play in style. Wink
Chalith

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Thanks a lot for the response.

Some songs are there, we may need to use more than 4 tones for live performances where 4 set list will not be enough. I was wondering if it is possible to memorize only tones (without any change to running style, song, etc…when I use keyboard set buttons.) to overcome this issue. Any advice, please?
hans1966

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, With the Set List function, you have a range of possibilities in terms of sounds since you have several records bank available from the factory, so what you can do is link your styles to the set list and have all the records of the Bank , even save a sound created by you. so you will not be limited by the STS below the screen. I hope this helps. greetings Hans

I choose the Peace of God!
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will only have the four sounds available at the touch if a single button.

All the sounds within the keyboard are available within any song but you will have more than one press of a button to get the sound you want.

The Korg Video Manual on Sounds is available via the link

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MVDtbkHN_fE

There are a series of videos available on other aspects of the 700

On the Korg website you can also download the pdf manual
Chalith

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thank you very much for the support.

Chalith
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Memorising Tones - Pa1000 Reply with quote

Chalith wrote:
Is it possible to memorise tones to keyboard set list buttons 1 to 9 ?

Hi Chalith. Just read your post with some interest. I'm all for trying different ideas and my workarounds to your problem are as follows:

Create 2 same name Songbook entries as song no1 and song no2 for each song you perform and add them to you set list in Songbook. Simply change all the voice settings in the second Entry.. That would give you up to eight different voice sets for the song.. As you progress from one to the other song entry you won't see any difference in tempo. Give it a try.. It works for me!

Secondly. Use your Library buttons. I would use the first one 'Piano & EP ' and set up 8 sounds in User on that button. You can chose them as you wish whilst using just the variation buttons to give effect. You could also setup the third assignable switch to mute/unmute the third voice with another voice set there etc to give a richer sound...

Just trying to help.

Smile
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject: Re Tones Reply with quote

I think some video tutorials are needed, YouTube is full of Yamaha tutorials or even the psr tutorial site and forum is great.
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject: Pa700 Reply with quote

The user library buttons are a bit like the performance settings on the older Korgs but if you want to use them on the fly to add to your performances but when you for example select the piano/ep the first sound in that bank will always be selected.
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Pa700 Reply with quote

NativeAngels wrote:
The user library buttons are a bit like the performance settings on the older Korgs but if you want to use them on the fly to add to your performances but when you for example select the piano/ep the first sound in that bank will always be selected.

That is exactly the problem. the Keyboard Set lists knobs have nothing to do with the old Performances. The Performances in the older Korgs up until the PA3X and PA900 would be 100% identical to the Songbook Entries, but would make for an even speedier selection and also particularly handy for composing at home.( this entire new built up with SetList etc. is a handy feature for those who are gigging, but it is simply UNforgivable of Korg to have shied away from the PERFORMANCES in the way they existed. Incidentally, it would probably rather easy for them to update the current range re-introducing the Performances the old way under the setlist buttons, but they will be loathe to do so as it would be tantamount to admitting failure, or at least stupidity.
Incidentally, I had the PA700 on trial last week, and this moring I received the PA1000. I must admit that the difference is substantial and imho worth the extra amount of money.

regards,
John

P.S. Keith , how nice to meet again !!!!!!
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Pa1000 Reply with quote

Enjoy your Pa1000 am quite happy with my Pa700 and Paired up with my (new to me) Tyros 4 make a great combination. Big step up from my Pa50sd anyhow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: