Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nano Pad 2 Issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:21 am    Post subject: Nano Pad 2 Issues Reply with quote

I know that this is not the right place to ask for help with my Nanopad2 but since I didn't see a dedicated Nanopad2 thread and I think that most people here on the Kronos pages are the ones with Nanopads, I thought I'd ask here.

I use mine primarily as a finger drum pad with my Cubase set up. Lately though I've been having problems with it. Occasionally I would find that I get a dialogue box in Cubase telling my my Nanopad2 is Unmapped.
Sometimes for a year or so now it would just randomly stop working but I could always reboot the Groove Agent Drum program that I was using and it would work. Not so today. I can't even get any lights on it to come up.
First thing I thought was maybe the calbe was bad so a swapped cables. Nope. She's dead as a door nail. I hear these door nails things are indeed very dead!

Has anybody had any issues with the connector on their Nanopads?
I just have a sneeky suspicion that that's where the problem lies.

All or any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jermykeys. The no longer finger drummer.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess another part of my question is about the durability of the Nanopad2.
Did I just play it to death?
The only thing I've ever used it for is finger drumming and I've had it for, I think about 3 years now but I would have expected it to last longer. I certainly don't pound on it. It sits on a keyboard tray at my computer desk.
I don't play hard enough to break my computer tray.
Hmmmm. Very weird stuff. Hoping somebody else has also had sovable issues with there's. I'd really rather not have to replace it.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremykeys wrote:
I guess another part of my question is about the durability of the Nanopad2.
Did I just play it to death?
The only thing I've ever used it for is finger drumming and I've had it for, I think about 3 years now but I would have expected it to last longer. I certainly don't pound on it. It sits on a keyboard tray at my computer desk.
I don't play hard enough to break my computer tray.
Hmmmm. Very weird stuff. Hoping somebody else has also had sovable issues with there's. I'd really rather not have to replace it.

only you know how heavy fingered you are. My wife claims that I am but her hearing is perfect.

Even so, my Nano is perfect and I play the thing daily. For years.

You could have cracked the thin Pad membrane.

Its such a cheap thing, you could experiment and get a new nano

My guess ( other than you wearing out the pad membrane), its your Cubase/groove agent or some interface issue.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is a Cubase mapping issue, then unplugging it from Cubase setup and having Nanopad and Kronos all alone and isolated where there is no mapping issue to be had. If it works then with default mapping on an isolated kronos, it works.

If not
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I don't think I'm that heavy handed on it. A lot of the drum hits are not at full level when I see them on Cubase. Right now I'm tending to think I've somehow damaged the connector port. When I get home from work tonight I'll ty and see with my meter if there is a cracked solder joint inside.

It just doesn't light up at all anymore which is why I think there may be a connector issue. I tried another cable and this is what led me to this idea.
I will try it directly into the Kronos first after work today.

Thanks again. Wish me luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: