Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg USB sees NanoKontrol2 but Editor does not
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon321456

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: still looking for a solution Reply with quote

KorgUSAProductSupport wrote:
SarahB wrote:
offset wrote:
I too had the same problems with my nanopad 2 on my Win 7 64 bit system. The problem seems to be with the 64 bit operating system. But I did the following and it worked. It also worked on my friends pc with the same problem. You have make the USB MIDI driver think you are installing it on a Vista operating system. Follow the step procedure below.

Step 1: Uninstall the drivers from Device Manager.

a. Click Start and type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes), and then press Enter.

b. Find the device and double click to expand it

c. Right click on the device and select Uninstall.

d. Click on the start button and type "regedit.exe" (without quotes), and then press Enter. Find the the KORG registry string (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KORG) right click and delete KORG folder.

e. Restart the computer.

Step 2: Download the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and install in compatibility mode.

a. Right click on the setup file (setup.exe for the drivers) and select Properties.

b. Now click on the Compatibility tab and check the box which says Run this program in compatibility mode for.

c. Select Windows Vista (Service Pack 2). Click Apply and OK.

d. Now right click the setup file and select Run as Administrator and follow the normal installation procedure. Check to see if you can use the program now.

Step 3: Now install the Korg Kontrol Editor

a. Once installed, go to the preferences and now you should be able to assign the Korg Nanopad 2 MIDI in and out ports.

offset

Hi there, I have the same problem (Win7 64Bit) and the above solution didn't work for me (I also tried running the installers in WinXP+SP3 compatibility mode, but that didn't work either).

My Nanopads work perfectly fine in 64Bit apps but are not seen in 32Bit apps like Kontrol Editor (making it impossible to program).

I've have the Drive Config set to 'Both' (but have also tried '32Bit' and '64Bit' which made no difference), and it sees both Nanopads in the Device List. (Checking the driver installation shows only 64Bit drivers have been installed.)

The Korg Uninstaller shows the Nanopad2 is on 'midi0:', and the Nanopad1 is on 'midi6:' - so no problems there.

Kontrol Editor doesn't see any Korg devices connected. Selecting either Nanopad or Nanopad2 gets the communication error 'Failed to open the MIDI port'

I filled in the support form on the Korg site and got an email saying they would get back to me,... they didn't Sad

still looking for a solution

Hello Sarah,

Did you go into the KONTROL Editor yet and configure your MIDI ports? Try selecting your nanoKONTROL2 and then go into your KONTROL Editor "Edit" menu and select "Preferences". Check the box for "Set MIDI ports manually". What options do you see in the drop down menu for MIDI IN and MIDI OUT?

Hi there

I have the exact same issue as Sarah

As per your latest post, under MIDI Ports in Preferences (neither of my devices showed up either) I have the following options:

MIDI IN: MicroKEY 1 KEYBOARD
MIDI OUT: Microsoft GS Wavetable or MicroKEY 1 CTRL

I have my NanoPAD2 connected to my MicroKEY, which is then connected to the PC

Have gone through all deletion and re-installation of drivers, checked that it is under the 10 device limit (KEY = 4. PAD = 5) as well as a myriad of other suggestions after scouring the web

Your assistance is appreciated
bandeto

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What worked for me is installing all the updates, but then going back into the 'Uninstall KORG Mini-USB Drivers' Utility and deleting midi entries INCLUDING the current entry for the connected device. Also make sure to go to Options and un-check delete KORG devices only. What you need to do is free up one or more of the first 10 entries in the midi selections if it's the new kernel (ver 1.15 | 64-bit applications). For some reason even in Windows 7 SP1, it does not want to recognize 64-bit midi beyond midi10.

It is important to delete the version of the device (i.e. nanoKontrol 2 <connected> ) because the point will be to re-install the device in the registry by re-plugging it. I found that once I deleted all of the erroneous midi's - re-plugging the device re-installed the device in the registry at a much lower midi number and is working very well.
Prooffreader

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bandeto wrote:
What worked for me is installing all the updates, but then going back into the 'Uninstall KORG Mini-USB Drivers' Utility and deleting midi entries INCLUDING the current entry for the connected device. Also make sure to go to Options and un-check delete KORG devices only. What you need to do is free up one or more of the first 10 entries in the midi selections if it's the new kernel (ver 1.15 | 64-bit applications). For some reason even in Windows 7 SP1, it does not want to recognize 64-bit midi beyond midi10.

It is important to delete the version of the device (i.e. nanoKontrol 2 <connected> ) because the point will be to re-install the device in the registry by re-plugging it. I found that once I deleted all of the erroneous midi's - re-plugging the device re-installed the device in the registry at a much lower midi number and is working very well.

This is what worked for me on Windows 10 as well. I deleted absolutely everything with Uninstall KORG Mini-USB Drivers Utility, I uninstalled Korg Kontrol software, I deleted the Korg device from Device Manager and I deleted all registry keys according to a post earlier in this thread.

Then I installed the Korg drivers freshly download from the Korg Website, plugged in my Korg device and let it do its automatic plug 'n play thing, then installed Korg Kontrol, and everything is working fine.

When I run Korg Kontrol, the option to show only installed instruments does not work, but when I select my device, I can read and write scenes no problem, and my DAW (FL Studio 12) recognizes my device (a Microkey-37).
zoot_rollo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i followed all your instructions and i get

Failed to open the MIDI port.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: