Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading, Saving, and Searching for Programs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darryll

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject: Loading, Saving, and Searching for Programs Reply with quote

When I'm auditioning sounds on a usb drive plugged directly into the Kronos, I simply want to load a specific program or combi to a specific Kronos location. However, I can only load all the sounds in the folder to a certain bank.

Also, I want to save one program from the Kronos to a specific directory on the usb drive. But, I cannot see how to save a specific program or combi to a specific usb location.

Finally, is there a way to search the usb drive for certain file names? I, of course, can search the Kronos SSD; but could not find a way to search the attached usb.

What I'm I missing?
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Loading, Saving, and Searching for Programs Reply with quote

Darryll wrote:
When I'm auditioning sounds on a usb drive plugged directly into the Kronos, I simply want to load a specific program or combi to a specific Kronos location. However, I can only load all the sounds in the folder to a certain bank.

Also, I want to save one program from the Kronos to a specific directory on the usb drive. But, I cannot see how to save a specific program or combi to a specific usb location.

Finally, is there a way to search the usb drive for certain file names? I, of course, can search the Kronos SSD; but could not find a way to search the attached usb.

What I'm I missing?

Try the Parameter Guide, page 829 "Auditioning sounds from disk". Be sure to read the section "Auditioning sounds which use non-ROM samples" that appears further down the page.
As far as "searching the usb drive for certain file names"- the functionality isn't there. And programs are not stored as file names. Once again they are in the PCG.
As far as "saving" a specific program in disk mode- I don't think it is possible. All the information is contained in the PCG file. I don't think that level of file management is available on the Kronos like it might be for a word processor file.
I would highly recommend reading The whole "Disk Mode" chapter in both the OG & PG. And understand the difference between "Write" & "Save".
Check out "PCG Tools". This might make life a little easier for you.

http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl/download.php

Hope this helps.
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM me or call me later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: