Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Warm Sine Lead

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darryll

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject: Kronos Warm Sine Lead Reply with quote

Can anyone help me get started with creating this sound on the Kronos? I am not sure which engine would be best or which wave (sine or square). I want a warm analog'ish' sound like the one at 7:30 of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o4zlR3aOyE&t=455s

These two videos are good examples also; but not as 'warm' as the above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owip5WWSS5g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K03s7JRiJo

** A tutorial on how to do this with different engines (i.e. HD, MOD7, Poly, MS-20...) would be GREAT! That would be a great beginner's learning tool about the engine differences; and which engine is best for certain sounds.

None of the factory sounds fit the bill but maybe I'm overlooking something. Please help.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

There's no Sine OSC in : AL-1, MS-20EX or PolysixEX.

But there are several sine samples in rom, you can use in HD-1.

But you can also use Mod-7 engine. Here you can use multisamples and/or Sine as carrier.
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some factory presets that might be close enough to what you're looking for:

Go to Category Select while in Program mode. This can be found on the main program display, at the top above the name of the program. When you select this, you will see tabs on the left describing the different categories.

Select LeadSynth. Make sure the horizontal scroll bar is all the way to the left, and now you can audition each sound one by one by first selecting a sound (like I-A105), testing it, then pressing the ^ button to the left of the touchscreen.

These are similar to what you're looking for on the Kronos generation 1:

I-A106 Keen Lead
I-A109 Simple Saw Lead
I-A112 Synth Lead Memories
I-E073 Express Lead
I-E074 Singing Lead

.. and so on.

And don't forget, while you're on the Category Select screen, down at the bottom right, next to the OK button, is the Search button (looks like a magnifying glass). You can touch this to open a FIND window so that you can type in "Sine" and look for all programs that have that in its name.

Once you touch Find, you can audition that sound. Press the NEXT button on the right to audition the next sound with "sine" in its name, and so on.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sine waves can be produced by taking a square, triangular, or sawtooth waveform and passing it through a low pass filter to filter out all the harmonics, leaving just the fundamental frequency. The perceived loudness of the sound will be reduced by this so will need to be compensated by using an effect that can add some "gain" e.g. a compressor. The smooth sweep depicted in the video can be obtained by adding portamento to the oscillator.
narf
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the Vintage Sine Lead, found in the 4th PCG here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/106c55js1gjrjn2/AAA_Ll6o-oVhwHgEwdLYEnRAa?dl=0

These are the extra sounds that they made available for the Korg OASYS and are fully compatible with the Kronos. You can open the PCG's in DISK mode and open the program folder and open the bank folder to reveal the individual sounds. Select the program/programs you want to load in your Kronos, press LOAD and select the destination slot. You may have to tweak portamento settings to get it to behave like that sound in your video

Kronos Ultimate Covers Pack
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: