Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Arranger 2018 thoughts???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Niki_Keyz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:36 am    Post subject: New Arranger 2018 thoughts??? Reply with quote

Hello all,

Is there any news on a new arranger? I haven’t heard anything about it. Just wondering if there is one in the making. I’m hoping Korg can revamp and generate a new era of arrangers and not just beef up the pa4x. I’m talking about new layout, new menu, new sounds, drum kits and sound quality to surpass any other arranger they have ever created. 🙏🏼 Hoping 2018 is the year.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following trends you probably have about two years left with the PA4x..
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:

Autumn 2019 would be my prediction...
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
D575 wrote:

Autumn 2019 would be my prediction...

That sounds about right. Even then it'll probably take another year or so for the keyboard to be available world wide. Not to mention the bugs (or possibly hardware issues) that need to be ironed out.

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I’m talking about new layout, new menu, new sounds, drum kits and sound quality to surpass any other arranger they have ever created.

What are you wanting to "change"? PA4X was a fairly significant change (refer to many comments from PA3X owners).

If they change it too much, they stand a chance of losing business - there are a lot of PA-arranger performers who have invested massive hours setting up for performing and recording - lots of work to convert - also, too much of a learning curve could be a negative. Such a big change would be like introducing a totally new keyboard.

But, implementing some of the suggested changes would be good.

If it is released and in the shops in 2019, I am reckoning 2020 before I would consider a PA5X.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Sometimes I think that changing stuff just for the sake of it is pointless. Today I did a search on Ebay and Gumtree here in the U.K. they are both crammed with second hand (some current) arrangers from all different Manufacturers. I could get a PA4X 61 note for £2,000, a 76 note for £2,250 in pristine condition.
I personally have had my PA4X for just over one year and in that time I have barely scratched the surface of it. If a new one is released I seem to get this stupid thing in my head that I have got to have the latest one and then I'm back to square one which ultimately leads to disappointment.

I recently purchased a pristine condition Roland RD2000 stage piano (launched Winter NAMM January 2017 priced at £2,600). I bought it 13 months later without a mark on it for £1,300. If this continues, I will never buy a new keyboard again. Lost sales for the Manufacturer and I'll pick one up three months old with a massive discount.

The sounds on the PA4X are phenomenal, as they were on the previous Korg arrangers. I'm not sure what you could do to improve the PA4X. Maybe 88 note weighted option, also for me it could be easier to navigate and understand (the method of allocating effects always confuses me). I also get frustrated loading in stuff and overwriting other stuff. I've now purchased P.A. Manager (to solve that problem) which should be given free with every arranger purchased. One other thing that always get's omitted is the ability to have two sections for voices for the lower section..........Big headslap on that one !! There is no feasible reason for keeping it to one section, not one.

High end arranger keyboards are a dwindling market, have a look at what Casio have done with their new budget arrangers (selling for between £250 and £450). Yamaha have (I genuinely believe) gone a step too far by charging £4,000 upwards for their Yamaha Genos. Admittedly it's a brilliant arranger but already the prices are falling, with European dealers like Thomman charging around £3,500. I have even seen a Genos for sale secondhand.

I don't know about your respective economy's around the World but here in the U.K. (with the impending Brexit) things are tight. People don't have the money to splash out on luxuries like new arrangers.

Final point of my depressing appraisal, I can forsee eventually O/S 3.0 for the P.A.4X. Many of the more knowledgable members of these Forums all agree that there are capabilities within the PA4X for it to do more than is currently possible. It's sound capability and architecture allow for more. That's what I hope for, and a PA5X release date of December 2020.

Chris
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there is news for 2018 Arrangers, PA1000/700.
Niki_Keyz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m not saying to dramatically change the arranger. I’m saying to give it a huge boost of what it needs.....like speed, loading times, ram space, startup time, a bigger a more responsive screen, more detailed functions, new drum kits (meaning updated samples), newer sounds, newer styles and most importantly the sound quality output.

The sound quality lacks so much compared to the tyros 5. I have a pack that was converted from a yahama into the Korg 3x. The samples and drum kits were converted to work for Korg. I plugged both keyboard in and out on the same exact style on the speaker system.....night and day as far as quality goes. The T5 put the Korg to shame. At 16bit, Korg is really far behind on this. Kicks are muddier than all hell on any system. You might say they’re not until a T5 plugs into the same system as you.

Really Korg? Same styles from the pa80? Just go into the dance section of any Korg. How does that not make people laugh. It’s honestly a joke when it comes to edm and drum kits that really need a knock or thump to their music. Also the accompiaments to almost every style is weak. It’s not in your face and full of body as the T5.

I love Korg and would like them to improve their overall quality. When you tell Korg that everything is perfectly fine, they love that. They don’t need to invest in anything else. I’m just trying to give it a massive upgrade that it really needs.

I have so many great ideas for Korg and it’s arrangers. I wish I could have just one meeting with them to show them what people would love. I have everything written down to precise details.

That’s just my opinion. Hey Basar, you know yourself it’s a little embarrassing that that still have stock pa80 styles on these new 2018 arrangers. 😉 very little tweeking here and there to change it. 😂

We should stop saying that the Korg arrangers are good where they are. We are the reason they don’t upgrade or do anything about the arrangers.

Just my opinion. Don’t hate. Collaborate. Don’t need negative feedback. Just stating my opinion to make an arranger that I love better than it is. Not just for me, for all of us.

✌🏼
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Niki_Keyz,

I respect your opinions and everybody is entitled to voice them.
I would suggest that you take your statement regarding the PA4X,
"The sound quality lacks so much compared to the tyros 5" and post it on the PA4X section of these forums.
I don't think many people would agree with you.

I myself sold a Tyros 5 keyboard to purchase my PA4X. It's the best thing I ever did. It's a horribly clinical sounding arranger keyboard to me. The strings sounds were horrible. Probably the worst purchase I have made of a musical instrument. I had a Tyros 4, a Tyros 2, a PSR3000 and a PSR S500 and enjoyed them all. Sadly I could not say that about the Tyros 5.

As you say, it's personal opinions.
Please take some time to listen to the youtube video made by Bonners in the U.K. of the PA4X with Luke Edwards and Tony. Then tell me that the sounds are poor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKBJ_SPVJcY

I hope you get the sound you are after.

Chris

p.s. Am I reading your post correctly Niki ? you are complaining about the sounds on a PA4X and you don't even own one !! You appear to have a PA3X. can you clarify this for me please.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Niki_Keyz

Totally respect your opinions - can only suggest (respectfully) that you go and play one - I mean REALLY play one - not just 10 mins in the store.

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: