Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Behringer Rumour Mill Point To Jupiter 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject: Behringer Rumour Mill Point To Jupiter 8 Reply with quote

https://www.gearnews.com/behringer-rumour-mill-points-jupiter-8/
iowagold
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Behringer clones Reply with quote

Behringer clones,
now if they did a cs80 as well i would buy one!!
we are in the days of clones!!
new production, new components, lower production costs.
and yes even new sounds!

Hardware is back!!
or for some of us it came full circle!!
now days they can do so much more for so much less!!
and if they use the good parts it will last longer as well!!
the next 10 years will be good for sure!!
computers are getting faster and smaller...
as well as hardware!!

now if they can get the UI (user interface) down to mind capture
then we will have the next evolution of music!!

i thought my integra 7's pretty well covered the j8....
or at least is close..
Current Gear: korg m3 expanded radias firewire 88 key Radias r on mat, korg radias r on mat on 61 key bed, Korg triton rack w 96mb ram scsi port, 5) korg RADIAS-R on big rack, korg kaossilator pro plus, 6) roland integra7, 4 Roland sc55, 2 roland sb55, 5) fostex 2016, behringer fx2000, 2) roland a800 pro, 2) roland a88 and 2) a49, roland juno, Doepfer MAQ 16/3, 2 Manikin Electronic Schrittmacher, most soft synths. cake walk all old and new versions.
3 schecter guitars, 3 elevenracks, most mxr effects, 2 zoom r24, avid pro tools 11.
MRT midi Breath Controller. 6 studio rooms.
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Behringer clones Reply with quote

iowagold wrote:

or at least is close..

+1
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Behringer clones Reply with quote

iowagold wrote:
or at least is close..

Come again? The 2 have NOTHING in common whatsoever nor it sounds like a J8.
iowagold
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: BasariStudios do you own an I7? Reply with quote

BasariStudios do you own an I7?
i did not see it on your list of owned gear..
I own 4 of them....

all i need out of the jup8 is the super saw....

the i 7 has that covered... at least looking at the audio comparison on a spectrum analyzer.

it is close....

if you think about it all our recorded audio now is digital...
at least in one stage or another...
with exception to live with total analog audio amps with no dsp.

stuff on radio, you tube, cd's etc.
all digital now days...

if the computer vst would keep up with the midi data load at 100%
zero latency.
vst would be the way to go....

but then again a trumpet, or wood winds etc. have a bit of latency at the attack on the adsr...

that is part of the caricature of the classic instruments...

the jup8 and the cs 80 have the old school color...
that cheesy raw sound we all crave...

if they made a digital rack version of the cs80 yup i would buy one!!
it will be hard to get spot on...
but if they get it close it will work for me!!

the I 7 is just that.... super close at least for me the sound is what i needed for my projects...

with the 4 i 7's i can get "the sound".

and have plenty of other sounds as well..
they have memory and that is what i need...
dial in a sound and click save, do my backups and it will always be the same every time....

hard to get that on a jup8 or cs80...
way too much drift on the components...
at least for me.
Current Gear: korg m3 expanded radias firewire 88 key Radias r on mat, korg radias r on mat on 61 key bed, Korg triton rack w 96mb ram scsi port, 5) korg RADIAS-R on big rack, korg kaossilator pro plus, 6) roland integra7, 4 Roland sc55, 2 roland sb55, 5) fostex 2016, behringer fx2000, 2) roland a800 pro, 2) roland a88 and 2) a49, roland juno, Doepfer MAQ 16/3, 2 Manikin Electronic Schrittmacher, most soft synths. cake walk all old and new versions.
3 schecter guitars, 3 elevenracks, most mxr effects, 2 zoom r24, avid pro tools 11.
MRT midi Breath Controller. 6 studio rooms.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Behringer clones Reply with quote

BasariStudios wrote:
iowagold wrote:
or at least is close..

Come again? The 2 have NOTHING in common whatsoever nor it sounds like a J8.

Check out Roland's axial banks for the Integra 7. Sounds like a Jupiter 8 to me. It does a pretty darn good Juno 106 emulation too. The Integra 7 is one of the best modules on the market in my opinion. Very happy with mine.

Regards
Sharp.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: BasariStudios do you own an I7? Reply with quote

iowagold wrote:
BasariStudios do you own an I7?
i did not see it on your list of owned gear..
I own 4 of them....

all i need out of the jup8 is the super saw....

Nice for you: if you only need a static supersaw, then the Intregra 7 will do just fine, just like several dozen VAs or samplers will do.

Quote:
the jup8 and the cs 80 have the old school color...
that cheesy raw sound we all crave...

Cheesy? Have you ever heard a Jupiter 8, I mean apart from that supersaw? Some cheesy old Jarre vibratos form the 80s are not exactly a trademark for how a Jupiter can sound.

Quote:
the I 7 is just that.... super close at least for me the sound is what i needed for my projects...
with the 4 i 7's i can get "the sound".

and have plenty of other sounds as well..
they have memory and that is what i need...
dial in a sound and click save, do my backups and it will always be the same every time....

hard to get that on a jup8 or cs80...
way too much drift on the components...
at least for me.

Yes, you abviously mainly click static presets and use them as they are, and are happy with it.

But that's quite far from why and how people use analog synths. The Integra 7 is a useful advanced ROMpler (Roland's "Super-Natural" is nothing but some nice advanced sample shaping), despite idiotic design flaws, like not even giving you access to all it's sounds at the same time. Looking at that, it's probably fine, after you have bought four of them. Smile

But to think that dialing in some Integra 7 presets (including the Integra 7 sample sound shaping) could come even remotely close to using a first class analog synth like the Jupiter 8, that's really an amusing imagination from my view. Laughing

In advanced digital times like ours, while people have access to great digital VSTis like Serum, Massive etc. (which I all use, but certainly NOT to replace my analog gear), and also lots of high quality VAs (which I also use, but which also still aren't worth replacing my analog synths from my view), many musicians still love using analog gear, in many different musical contexts. That's for a reason: you can be sure that there is MUCH more to it, than just some silly nostalgia. Analog synths still play in their own league, concerning certain aspects of sound shaping, sound quality, and practical use. That's why so many are built again, and why so many great musicians just love to use them.

Bottom line: a well done analog Jupiter 8 rebuild from Behringer would beat the heck out those Integras and even modelled Roland boutiques, when used properly, at least for those, who know how to use analog synths, and know why they buy and use them.

I wouldn't even consider something like an Integra as substitute for analog synths. Yes, in the end all is recorded digitally, but on the way there the quality and vividness of what you record, and how you get to it, is essential.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: