Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kaoss pad 3 input volume and unity gain

View previous topic :: View next topic  
matthismeyer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject: Kaoss pad 3 input volume and unity gain Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to use this machine as an insert effect in a manner where I won't have to fiddle with the input gain knob (for live use).

I currently turn the input gain pot all the way to the right at its maximum setting.
In my set up, I've calibrated my instruments so that, at their loudest, they won't saturate the Kaoss pad.

However, this very low signal has to be amplified post-kaoss pad and I get a lot of noise from the preamps/mixer.

Turning all the way to the left seems to be -infinity (total silence) and full right means too sensitive.
Where is unity gain?
How can I use the Kaoss Pad with a fixed unaffected input and output level?
Its a shame there isn't a switch that can just bypass any amplification or attenuation.

I hope someone knows how to work around this issue, I've been struggling!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: