Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transferring EXs Collections
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice if there was a process to de-authorise and reauthorise like I do with other systems.

I did go into purchasing my EXi libraries with eyes open, as
1) I am unlikely to sell my Kronos unless its replacement is an utterly compelling upgrade
2) If I sold the Kronos and could not transfer the EXis to another one then they are part of the value of the Kronos being sold and the sale price would reflect that

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Cook wrote:
its replacement is an utterly compelling upgrade
2) If I sold the Kronos and could not transfer the EXis to another one then they are part of the value of the Kronos being sold and the sale price would reflect that

in principle that is correct. But the buyer is likely looking for a sharp price.

My taste in 3rd party samples might bot match the taste of my buyer. He and she might be into EDM. I like orchestration.

It reminds me of selling my house 3 yrs ago. Buyer tore out my $5000 wood deck and put in a cheaper deck ( made Zero sense) . Our house had high quality windows, $4500. Made zero difference in getting a higher price.

I know most analogies are flawed. The marketplace is greatly varied.
To have anyone agree ( and place more value on it) with 95% of my taste and preference would be a long shot.
Musicadi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Derek Cook wrote:

in principle that is correct. But the buyer is likely looking for a sharp price.

My taste in 3rd party samples might bot match the taste of my buyer. He and she might be into EDM. I like orchestration.

It reminds me of selling my house 3 yrs ago. Buyer tore out my $5000 wood deck and put in a cheaper deck ( made Zero sense) . Our house had high quality windows, $4500. Made zero difference in getting a higher price.

To have anyone agree ( and place more value on it) with 95% of my taste and preference would be a long shot.

Yes, that's correct. It actually narrows down the market to those specific buyers who have the same taste you do.

So this is actually unnecessarily slowing down the "flow of goods", which is not something Korg or any other company would like to have, imo.

It even makes the production of new workstation kind of obsolete... why would you buy a new workstation, if you'd also have to buy the sounds you use all over again?!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musicadi wrote:
GregC wrote:
Derek Cook wrote:

Yes, that's correct. It actually narrows down the market to those specific buyers who have the same taste you do.

So this is actually unnecessarily slowing down the "flow of goods", which is not something Korg or any other company would like to have, imo.

It even makes the production of new workstation kind of obsolete... why would you buy a new workstation, if you'd also have to buy the sounds you use all over again?!

You and I ( and mostly every K owner) have a strong interest in the used K marketplace. This is a high priced, specialized keyboard which is 1 good reason.

I don;t believe Korg is that interested in the used K marketplace. maybe they should be, because it is still their brand. Even given this discussion point, I don't believe our K is such a high priority for Korg.

Sure, they still make, service and sell them. But that is what I call ' transactional '. Back in 2011-12-13-16, I saw passion and commitment and communication. And investment.

I have always been interested in Korgs strategy towards our W/s.

The 3rd party sounds is even less of an investment for Korg. Simply, what we see are independent 3rd party developers toiling away, trying to make a product that sells.

Sure Korg gets a % royalty I would guess. The 3rd party samples are not Korgs creation. Korg hosts the process which is cool. It keeps quality high.

So there are pros and cons in the process , from our user point of view.

I think every K owner and potential owners should get the facts about their purchase. I would never assume much, not with $2000 or $3000.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: