Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tutorial to sample other keyboards

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetrocker

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:33 pm    Post subject: Tutorial to sample other keyboards Reply with quote

Sorry, probably an old tired topic, but can someone direct me to a tutorial, from start to finish, how I would go about sampling a sound from another keyboard into my Kronos 61? Specifically I have a horn patch on my old Alesis Quadrasynth QSPP that I'd love to have on my Kronos. I've never done anything like this before, so need the sampling from other keyboard for dummies version. Thanks! Mark
drdave2002

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll keep an eye on this.....would be interesting.
Korg Kronos 61, M3-73, Karma (all-time classic), X5, Wavestate, Roland Juno Gi, JV, D110, Arturia Microfreak, Modal Skulpt, IK Uno. Nanopad2, M-Audio Venom, Deepmind 12D, Crave, TB3, Maschine Mk3, Moog Werkstat and a few other bits
coyote144
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can have a look to my long tutorial sampling my Minimoog, here. It is in french, but I think that most of it is self explanatory:

jetrocker

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like exactly what need...except I lose a lot by not having the very lengthy and detailed verbage.... Confused Thank you for posting however. It does help. But if anyone has something like this, or even written step by step, please keep me in mind!

Last edited by jetrocker on Mon May 25, 2015 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
rpowell01

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Tutorial to sample other keyboards Reply with quote

jetrocker wrote:
Sorry, probably an old tired topic, but can someone direct me to a tutorial, from start to finish, how I would go about sampling a sound from another keyboard into my Kronos 61? Specifically I have a horn patch on my old Alesis Quadrasynth QSPP that I'd love to have on my Kronos. I've never done anything like this before, so need the sampling from other keyboard for dummies version. Thanks! Mark

jetrocker have you ever sampled from a softsynth? If not its pretty much the same. Here is the best tutorials I've seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nURLCUGAzTw

If you have a SPDIF I would capture the samples you need from it because its digital instead of analog like the regular line outs.

Also Turn off the EFFECTS on the machine your sampling for better looping.

I am about to start sampling my Alesis FUSION and my JV 1080 and will share them on here once I am done. I would have already have done this but due to medical issues its been delayed.

Myself I use AutoSampler 2 I purchased right before he sold us out to Apple. But I also have Mainstage which now has Autosampler integrated into it. Also there is SampleRobot (Expensive IMHO) and another one that just came out with a new version which I'm about to purchase is https://www.soundlib.com/samplit/
Another one is Extreme Sample Converter. But again it depends what type of machine you use, PC or MAC. I use TWO Macs, well one hackintosh and one MacBook Pro.

I will also post on here and let everyone know how good Samplit 2 is with the pros and cons.
coyote144
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Autosampler 2 is fine, but autosampler inside MainStage only exports in EXS24 format, so it will not be useful for Kronos which reads only Akai & SF2 formats.
alanjpearson

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could search for previous threads..............I posted this a few weeks ago

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=97317&highlight=

www.losendos.co.uk
rpowell01

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coyote144 wrote:
Autosampler 2 is fine, but autosampler inside MainStage only exports in EXS24 format, so it will not be useful for Kronos which reads only Akai & SF2 formats.

Unless you have Autosampler 2 version that is NOT inside Mainstage and exports to other formats.

But I use Samplit 2 now. You can sample MULTIPLE softsynths so you can create your own sounds..Its a great program and easy to use.
sensationlive

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpowell01 wrote:
coyote144 wrote:

Unless you have Autosampler 2 version that is NOT inside Mainstage and exports to other formats.

But I use Samplit 2 now. You can sample MULTIPLE softsynths so you can create your own sounds..Its a great program and easy to use.

Samplit looks so nice and clean. Can Kronos import it fully though, with KSC files etc? I see that Sound Font is an option but does that give you everything you need?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: