Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone used SampleRobot Pro 5 To Kronos2 successfully?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
edtherugmaninov

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Anyone used SampleRobot Pro 5 To Kronos2 successfully? Reply with quote

Hi there everyone,

I've just bought sample robot pro 5 to get some quick sampling of VST's done for use in my Kronos 2. Im familiar with how this software works and have done sampling on my Kronos 2 manually.

Version 5 of sample robot supports the Korg Kronos (KMP and KSC files). (I went for the pro version rather than the new KORG version because i would quite like to export to some other formats too). Whoop i thought.... easy job.... alas....

I'm struggling to get the KMP files that it creates to load. Iv copied them across onto the kronos using ftp and when I load them no samples or multi samples are created in sampling mode. I also obviously have the folder that comes with the KSC and KSC samples in too. Ive tried the Clear, Clear all and append sample options and still no samples or multisample are created/loaded. Ive tried several different files and samples without any luck. I've just fired off an email to sample robot support. Does anyone have any experience of using sample robot with Kronos? All I'm trying to do is copy a simple sample across in KSC format - not trying to re-invent the wheel, and its not having any of it. Am I doing something daft? Shocked

Thanks!

Ed
seapea

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have SR Pro 5, but have not yet tried the KMP export option. I have successfully used SR2 files. They work smoothly, and end up making user ksc s . Must try the KMP option, but unfortunately a bit busy on other things. But will try and post my results. There have been a number of posts here on importing SR 2 files to Kronos. Try that In meantime.
Kronos 73 #8xx Hammond XK3C Axiom 61 Mainstage 3.32 with OMNISPHERE 2.51 AbletonLive 9.74 controlled by SETLIST MAKER on iPhone8+ Arturia V Collection Classics, Reason 10 with Reason Pianos, SonicRefills Gold + Ian McIntosh Patches, UVI Falcon, Sylenth, Giant Alicia Keys Various EASTWEST Libraries Sample Robot 5 Pro OSX Vintage Organ Pack Christian Cullen
robw70

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Folks

Any resolution on this process for Sample Robot 5 to Kronos?

I'm currently looking for a method to convert my some VST sounds for my Kronos and SR5 Korg Edition looked good with the loop editing etc but I am hesitant because I can't find any useful reviews saying it works well - except for this one which suggests it doesn't.

Cheers

Rob
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used SR5 pro on many conversions into the Kronos with good results, but I use SF2. I've never found their Kronos conversion to work well. But as long as you set up SR with the Kronos HD-1 in mind, I almost always get good conversions.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
robw70

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

If SF2 is the way to go then samplit is also an option. I will check for some demos and see what its all like.

Cheers

Rob
nor17

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I'm also interested in these possibilities with Sample Robot , I pointed this discussion to the people of SR.
Here's the reaction of Christian from SR:

Thanks very much for your inquiry. Ed contacted us as well. In the meantime he was able to build a KSC/KMP/KSF for his Kronos with SampleRobot. The problem seemed to be that he tried to export multilayer projects. Unfortunately the Korg format does not allow velocity layering. You have to rebuild the layers in Kronos.

With the SF2 export option in SampleRobot that should be possible in one go (since Kronos loads SF2). But at the moment there seems to be an import issue with the SF2 on the side of the Kronos. We are in close exchange with the Korg dev team and try to figure out why the SF2 import worked earlier seemlessly and now causes issues. Our SampleRobot SF2 loads correctly in EXS24 and other samplers and SF2 players.

Again, the Kronos export works fine.

I hope that answers your questions.

Best regards,

Christian Halten
-SampleRobot Support-
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nor17 wrote:
at the moment there seems to be an import issue with the SF2 on the side of the Kronos. We are in close exchange with the Korg dev team and try to figure out why the SF2 import worked earlier seemlessly and now causes issues.

Is there any clarification on when it worked perfectly vs. now? That is, did the problem start with the new Kronos OS? Or did it happen because of a new SampleRobot update? It would be good to know which combinations work and which don't...
sensationlive

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Has there been any update on this post? I am new to the sample import function of Kronos and really want to get going on getting sounds imported, mapped, layered etc as easily as possible. Technically SR5 has the best spec to do this. Also, if you are importing using SF2 does that support the ability to stream and is that extra work as well?
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try KORG Creator X BETTER!!!

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
tatun2010

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using SR Korg Edition since last black Friday. And it works great to sample some vst and kontakt instruments and load them in my k2.
I'm using this method and works great. It takes some time and you have to install some free drivers like Virtual Cable but I'm pretty satisfied with the results :

http://blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2015/03/recording-virtual-instruments-with.html?m=1

I've sampled a French Horn Ensamble from Kontakt in 3 velocity and I've load with success, creating and amazing program.
Just follow the steps carefully, and before to load them in your kronos just play them on your computer to check. Good luck!
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to update my earlier comments. I've been using SR for several projects over the last six months or so and it has worked very well. I don't know if it was an update or I changed my usage slightly but it works just fine.

Am looking forward to the updated user interface, hopefully, coming in the next few months.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
mariohardleft99

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burningbusch wrote:
I have to update my earlier comments. I've been using SR for several projects over the last six months or so and it has worked very well. I don't know if it was an update or I changed my usage slightly but it works just fine.

Am looking forward to the updated user interface, hopefully, coming in the next few months.

Busch.

Hey, Busch, I asked you this same question over on the KeyboardMag forum, hope you don't mind!

I just purchased SampleRobot Kronos Edition, and I've got it working great for autosampling and exporting...but it's only exporting a KMP file. Is there a way to get it to export a PCG file for my Kronos, so that I can load the (near-)completed program?

If not, can you point me to info (or give me a quick overview?) on how to get that KMP file to be a PCG file? PUt another way, I need to get these samples into Kronos as programs, not a list of samples.

Do I need to be exporting as SF2? FWIW, I *am* doing multivelocity samples.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you!
mariohardleft99

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I can't even get my exported KMP files to play! I'm able to hear the KMP files that come with SampleRobot, but the ones I record myself and then export from SampleRobot aren't audible in Kronos. Shoot!
mariohardleft99

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've finally got this nailed down to the problem: I'm not capturing audio from my VST. D'oh!!!

Can anyone tell me the secret/trick for the audio in/out settings on SampleRobot that allow you to record from a VST on the same computer — a Mac, FWIW...Thank you so much!
tatun2010

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mariohardleft99 wrote:
Well, I've finally got this nailed down to the problem: I'm not capturing audio from my VST. D'oh!!!

Can anyone tell me the secret/trick for the audio in/out settings on SampleRobot that allow you to record from a VST on the same computer — a Mac, FWIW...Thank you so much!

Have you tried the tutorial posted by me in this thread?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: