Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volca FM MIDI issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Volca FM MIDI issues Reply with quote

Seems like everyone with a Volca FM has this problem at some point...

Im currently trying to transfer dx7 patches on to my Volca FM and ive had no luck so far. Ive tried using several methods with nothing being succesful.

Ive tried using Dexed in FL Studio and Synthmata and Retrokits online but the only luck ive had with any level of communication is with MidiEditor, which i just downloaded. It allows me to control the Volca's keys remotely but thats all ive got out of 3 hours trying to make this work

Ive also tried using the audio transfer method using the sync in on the Volca but i couldnt get that to work either.

Im using a generic midi to usb cable which ive read can sometimes cause issues but the seller i bought it from had a reveiw from someone owning a Volca FM, claiming that these cables worked.

Any help with this would be appreciated
Viaren

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same issue and the problem was that my daw was using the same midi port as dexed.

So you will haveto disable the midi out port in your daw then you select the right midi port in dexed.

think I used this guide:
https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/news/129444/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: