Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Poll about Software Sequencers... :-) Which one and Why?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which soft sequencer do you use / prefer?
Sonar 3.0 (or any other version)
33%
 33%  [ 16 ]
Logic Audio
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
Nuendo (any version)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Digital Performer
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Reason self Sequencer
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Cubase VST or SX
33%
 33%  [ 16 ]
Any other you can tell us. :-)
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 48

blinkofanI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of years ago, i was anti-software big time. I had tried Cubase and Cakewalk and never found it user-friendly. Until i tried Logic!! Don't ask me why, but i just went in and understood almost everything instantly. The environnement is daunting at first but once you understand how it works, it,s pretty easy. In fact, all sequencers have "environnement", it's just that in Logic you have access to it and can change things in it. The new Logic, Apple-era is very feature packed and you know that everything works with everything.

Blink
Montana25

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im going to have to go with Tracktion. It's the first audio/seq app that doesn't try to be hardware, or force a mixer into a computer environment.

The workflow is tremendous. Almost everything you need it on one screen. Download the demo and try it out:

http://www.mackie.com/products/tracktion/

Want to set up a track for a vst? Simply slide the midi pointer to the track. Want to add the vst? Simply drag a vst box down the right side track list. Done.
Want to add effects? Simple drag a vst box to the right of the new vst. Want another? Done.

There are some missingf features of course (like all new seq/audio apps), but they are coming in verison 2. And for 80$ , how can you go wrong? I will never go back to Cubase.Tracktion has a modular feel , and everything you need is on one screen. Like I said, it's the first audio/eq app that doesnt get in your way.

However, like I said, there are some features missing. But they will show up in 2.0

If your proirty is to make as much music as possible without being obstructed, you can't go wrong.
Stephen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Demo of Traction on my PC before the random rebooting forced me to wipe the drives, and I liked it a lot.
Seemed to be very lntuitive, and less awkward than the others.
I may just go get this one.
Stephen
http://cdbaby.com/all/jstephenfoster

Location Central U.S.A.
mbmb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blinkofanI wrote:
A couple of years ago, i was anti-software big time. I had tried Cubase and Cakewalk and never found it user-friendly. Until i tried Logic!! Don't ask me why, but i just went in and understood almost everything instantly. The environnement is daunting at first but once you understand how it works, it,s pretty easy. In fact, all sequencers have "environnement", it's just that in Logic you have access to it and can change things in it. The new Logic, Apple-era is very feature packed and you know that everything works with everything.

Blink

BlinkofanI

....you are the first guy i have ever met that said logic is in the beginning user friendly and Sx and cakewalk not...!!!!

i just got logic...and will also test/try it..(on pc/logic 5 )....and see...to me cakewalk and cubase is very easy to work with...they were to me a "no brainer"....and many experienced cubase users that switched to logic have switched back...cause it is so hard and confusing to learn...???

...well maybe you are right...i also want SEQ peace...and decided to take 4 months off and learn logic flatout and see for myself (the hard way)...!! Sad

well i must ad Cubase Sx3 blows sonar 4 away... i will never ever use sonar again...it's the worst of them all...i was a real idiot in working so many years on such a pathetic program...and i know cakewalk very well...5 years plus...what a waist !!!! Embarassed

mbmb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: