Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best way to put custom samples in Electribe Sampler / ES2?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
olafmol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject: Best way to put custom samples in Electribe Sampler / ES2? Reply with quote

Hi all,

as a Ableton Live and Push user, i'm looking for something more standalone that can bring back the inspiration i felt when playing on my trusty old Yamaha RM1x groove box.

I'm a (deep)house-head, but want to experiment more with creating 80's boogie and synthwave kind of styles.

I was looking at several options, Digitakt, Circuit, MPC live, but it seems the Electribe Sampler seems to hit the sweetspot between features, easy-of-use, creative limitations and pricing the most.

What's important for me it to be able to wipe the preset-sounds and have the device boot with my own custom sample kits automatically. I'd like to load in classical drum machine kits that i'd like to load as kits in 1 go (f.e. Linndrum, DMX, TR505, Simmons, plus some nice Juno-ish and OB-like bass, pads, brass, string melodic sounds to get some basic ideas going), although the main focus will be using the ES2 as a sample-based drum-machine.

What would be the best way to approach this, is it even possible?

If I am able to automatically load my own samples when starting the ES2, can i easily audition/preview the sounds? I've learned that auditioning sounds from the SD is not possible?

tnx! Olaf
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - Quick and Dirty answer:

"What's important for me it to be able to wipe the preset-sounds..."

No Can do - cant access the onboard drive to wipe or replace, however...

" and have the device boot with my own custom sample kits automatically...."

Definitely yes.

You create whats called an allsample file of your samples and export to your SD card.

While you start up the machine with that SD card in it it will hunt for that allsample and away you go.

If you dont have an allsample on yoru card - or don't start with an SD card the device will always revert back to the factory samples.

Two ways to create an allsample - manually import each sample to the device and export an allsample file to card ( can be tedious)

OR

Use one of the 3rd party apps available to create an allsample file on yr pc/mac and drag that to your SD card.

HINT - you can create multiple allsample files - and store in different locations on your SD card.

you might have a dedicated sample set for Boogie - when finished there you can import the allsample for your Synthwave set.
olafmol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tnx! Very Happy
WestLondoner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re ""What's important for me it to be able to wipe the preset-sounds..." "

Just to clarify, and apols for responding a little late, but I too recently bought an E2 Sampler, and wiped all the patterns and its preset sounds except for approx the first 14 sounds (sine, saw up to Audio In etc.) - meaning that, once those few are left in place, I could then enter (subject to the usual 'needs to be a lot more generous...' time limit) as many sample based instruments as I liked. So, when the first respondent hinted that that couldn't be done, he was strictly speaking right - inasmuch as wiping can't be done with *all*, yes, *all* of them, however wiping and replacing certainly works as regards replacing over 90% of the OEM factory presets, which basically means it should still be what you're looking for. Just be sure to load mono wav files for the best use of space HTH
olafmol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WestLondoner wrote:

Just to clarify, and apols for responding a little late, but I too recently bought an E2 Sampler, and wiped all the patterns and its preset sounds except for approx the first 14 sounds (sine, saw up to Audio In etc.) - meaning that, once those few are left in place, I could then enter (subject to the usual 'needs to be a lot more generous...' time limit) as many sample based instruments as I liked. So, when the first respondent hinted that that couldn't be done, he was strictly speaking right - inasmuch as wiping can't be done with *all*, yes, *all* of them, however wiping and replacing certainly works as regards replacing over 90% of the OEM factory presets, which basically means it should still be what you're looking for. Just be sure to load mono wav files for the best use of space HTH

tnx!
olafmol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WestLondoner wrote:

tnx!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: