Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe for triggering only, no "looping"? (long

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tantroniq

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject: Electribe for triggering only, no "looping"? (long Reply with quote

Bear with me because I am just not an experienced user of samplers but I suspect my application will be atypical.

I am a composer/sound designer, I have my goofy workflow manipulating audio and all of it is done within my DAW.

Now I would like to take some of these sounds and load at least some into a standalone non laptop dependent hardware sampler so I can trigger these sounds live.

I envision assigning a different "sound" to each pad. Some of these may be long- lets say 30 seconds. Others not as much.

I do know there are limitations regarding mono and sterero and total sample time. Im just curious if there is a technical limit to how long any ONE sound can be.

One reviewer mentioned in his video that a drawback for the electribe is that if you have an envelope of a certain length and are triggering consecutive instances of this sound, say in three pads, one after the other, the previous instance cuts off when the new instance is triggered, making it hard to create lush textures.

This is a bummer BUT I could get around this if the sounds are not the SAME sample, right?

All this being said, since I dont have a looping harware anything, it would be nice to have to play with, but if this one application I envision is impossible, then its a deal breaker.

Hopefully Ive described this well enough, but if not, please ask away and send me your solutions/knowledge! Thanks in advance!
tantroniq

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone?
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think I understand fully what you are trying.

I've attempted a number of experiments using longer samples -

I think one was 32 bars long - and I checked and trimmed in a Daw to confirm Key, BPM.

The rest in that project were very small one shots.

The plan was to use the long mono sample as not only sound texture but also act as a map of the overall track and aurally cue me into when to play other parts.

it worked pretty well - just remember to Mute it after it starts to play otherwise it would retrigger every 4 bars and remember to Unmute when I wanted it to come around again.

To accomplish this I would use the entire allsample up on that one project to get as much sample time as I could.
tantroniq

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply! Basically I am wanting to do pretty much what you describe in that some samples would be longer but ALSO that I would be using trigger mode (I guess its called) to just trigger the samples as opposed to looping them AT ALL.

This is just one particular application I have in mind. I want to have the option of just playing it like an instrument without ANY sequences or loops.

I did find a youtube video tutorial that said the latest firmware comes with "Pattern Chain" so one could string together an entire set of patterns without having to actually select them. In such a case for someone like me not accustomed to working with repeated cycles or loops of things in the way the electribe does could create a "through composed" set.

Bottom line: Ive never had a sequencer, always wanted one, and have a $200 gift card to take the edge of the price of one. So, unless there is a compelling reason NOT to get the electribe, Im going to get it. I will just deal with whatever workflow idiosyncracies I encounter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: