Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Master FX sends not working ??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xmortenx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject: Master FX sends not working ?? Reply with quote

When i turn my send1 or 2 on a midi channel to 127 either using the knob on the keyboard or the midi routing field nothing is send to the Master FX.

Any ideas ??

Watching the Master FX page meters I can see there is no audio being send to the sends nor can I hear anything ???

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MFX has a dedicated page just like IFX where you insert the effect you want or have “Off” listed in the insert slot.
What effect do you have assigned to MFX on its set uo page?
You have routing page to control MFX send but the MFX page itself is the root of MFX setup.
You can route and control MFX all you want but it MFX page has MFX set to off rather than a particular FX, you will hit a wall at the point where MFX insert has “Off” listed as the inserted FX.
The inserted FX themselves have their own pages where they can be set to midi channels, AMS and a lot more than what you would see on routing page. Each inserted FX has a page full of parameters that can get in the way or go a long way for you in doing all kinds of cool tricks.
xmortenx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have for the test put a reverb and a delay on MFX and they are on.

The weird thing is if I have any recoded audio in the song and route that to any of the two sends then that audio will reach the MFX adding delay and reverb.

If I do the exact same thing with a midi track - nothing.

I will turn up the midi track sends to 127 and then confirm on the IFX routing page where you can see the value of the two sends - and they are on 127.

The midi track sends will be on 127 and the audio track sends will be on 127.

But only the audio sends get´s trough to the MFX

Shocked Shocked Shocked
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try MFX set to Gch control on the effects page and the tracks set to Gch to match. The midi tracks should be set to same as Effect Page for that track midi control to come through.
Look at your Track parameters page for what midi channel the tracks are on.
I think they should be set to Gch and the MFX effect page should be set to Gch. Normally use Gch unless 1-16 are used for external devices or with a Karma midi I/O alternative. MFX cannot handle external midi sounds because midi does not send audio. So only kronos internal sounds can work with MFX unless you route external sounds in over audio input.

Midi channles normally have to match between the Effect page and track, but i could be wrong if the MFX send controls are omni channel controls, which is rare on kronos where the closest thing to an omni channel is auto midi in global.
I was also thinking “FX control bus” issues but i doubt that applies to MFX though, unless an FX control bus setup in IFX page can interfere with MFX control using the same midi channel as the tracks with FX control bus setups over control bus 1 & 2..
Maybe try turning all FX control bus options to off, in IFX routing and effects pages.

Audio track won’t have the same midi issue because midi channels are not involved on audio tracks.

Been a while since i got into FX control bus setups and they are something i mimed by the numbers rather than actually clearly understood. Sorry if i am not getting you anywhere with that.
Maybe you will have luck with matching midi channels between the effects page assigned to MFX -and the tracks sending to MFX.
Tracks route to MFX and MFX routes to L/R out. I don’t think MFX can route to any other Output.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: