Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos sampling is not very intuitive.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Kronos sampling is not very intuitive. Reply with quote

I've been using Korg's for many years and I have been successful creating multi-samples, but it is needlessly complicated. I realized this when I purchased a Nord Stage 3 Compact. The Nord software and sample implementation is so workflow friendly, I find myself sampling everything in sight and creating tons of useful programs.

Why can't Korg take a page from Nord and create user friendly sampling / program manager for their keyboards rather than spend so much time and effort on IOS products. The software for their flagship keyboards is seriously lacking.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos sampling is not very intuitive. Reply with quote

kbrkr wrote:
I've been using Korg's for many years and I have been successful creating multi-samples, but it is needlessly complicated. I realized this when I purchased a Nord Stage 3 Compact. The Nord software and sample implementation is so workflow friendly, I find myself sampling everything in sight and creating tons of useful programs.

Why can't Korg take a page from Nord and create user friendly sampling / program manager for their keyboards rather than spend so much time and effort on IOS products. The software for their flagship keyboards is seriously lacking.

I don't sample much, only when converting Song files to WAV/audio

I would expect any new keyboard model in the past year or 2 to have nailed 'user friendly' . The Stage 3 and the Compact are a year or less from launch date.

While we love our K's and our Korgs , it is showing its age. You know how old the K is and most of the work flow/interface goes back to the Oasys and further.

Ironically , Korg is competing with Nord stage pianos with it Grand Stage.

In addition, IMO, Kronos is an EOL product. I don't see recent actions that says its a priority. Sure, they sell well and get service but I consider that ' transactional ' .

Plus Korg is emphasizing other new products like Prologue. If you watch Korg and at NAMM, its apparent , to me anyway, what their priority is. If I was President of Korg, I would continue funding R & D into the W/s concept. And find a way to show tangible improvement.
leonh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it is Kronos can do everything a musician needs or any newest performance keyboards so there is nothing there to challenge it I.e top.of the food chain if they decide to improve Kronos I.e screen processor ect they can do it but why they would it would be still a same concept just faster .
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few weeks ago I created again two complete multisamples, each containing 22 samples, all this in about 90 minutes, including setting the envelopes, etc. Like anything else, it is simply a matter of practice and following a method.

The Kronos can sample without a complimentary software. Of course, one can also conjointly use one with the kronos to work out certain aspects of the sampling work. I personally use WaveLab to find the perfect sampling loops, then I can quickly and easily transpose my work in the Kronos.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
A few weeks ago I created again two complete multisamples, each containing 22 samples, all this in about 90 minutes, including setting the envelopes, etc. Like anything else, it is simply a matter of practice and following a method.

The Kronos can sample without a complimentary software. Of course, one can also conjointly use one with the kronos to work out certain aspects of the sampling work. I personally use WaveLab to find the perfect sampling loops, then I can quickly and easily transpose my work in the Kronos.

Not exactly related, but using other software tools, like Audacity speeds up my work flow when bringing in audio files/WAV's
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC, the Nord software has been around for many years supporting the Nord Stage 2. As I mentioned, I can make programs and samples for my Kronos 2 without a problem. It just takes so damn long. Granted, the Nord cannot do multi-samples, but if Korg were to streamline the process in software for ALL their keyboards, not just the Kronos, they would create an amazing ecosystem of programs and sounds.

There are instances where I need some quick samples for a gig, I choose to do them on the Nord and not the Kronos because it take so damn long.
jforsten

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do anyone have any experience of using SampleRobot (http://www.samplerobot.com)? Would expect it to make sampling really easy as it seems to support Kronos file format.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: