Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keyboard set

View previous topic :: View next topic  
testmb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Keyboard set Reply with quote

Hi,

i've been playing for 20 years Roland Arrangers. But as there is nothing more comparable to a PA4x from Roland side, I decided to switch to korg Wink

I'm waiting for my new Pa4x to arrive and meanwhile I started to read the manual.

Could somebody explain me what "Keyboard sets" are please? I used to play around with user programs (keyboard settings) , one touch settings, and tones.

What gets me confused is that in keyboardset you can have different sounds or not ? Does this mean that in a keyboard set you cannot use all the sounds of the Pa4x but just the ones you loaded in a keyboard set ?............strange......

thanks for any help

Best regards

Max
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Keyboard Set is a bit like a registration of sounds (and other settings) that you want available whilst playing.
So a set could comprise 3 UPPER sounds (right-hand) and a LOWER sound and you can select these at anytime whilst playing a style - they do not change your style.

This is a very basic description - hope it helps.

The PA4X is designed around its "SONGBOOK" feature which is outstanding and is used to store full keyboard settings for all your songs - whether STYLE, MIDI, or simply just sounds.
When you get your PA4X make sure you spend some time experimenting with SONGBOOK which also contains a "SET-LIST" component which is better than perfect for creating song sets for a gig or simply for personal use in organising songs you want to play.

(My last Roland arrangers were the E20 and E30 - these were revolutionary in the arranger market at that time - I still have and play some of their styles on my PA4X!!!)

Cheers & congratulations on getting the amazing PA4X

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Stilli

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Keyboard set Reply with quote

testmb wrote:

Could somebody explain me what "Keyboard sets" are please?.......

What gets me confused is that in keyboardset you can have different sounds or not ? Does this mean that in a keyboard set you cannot use all the sounds of the Pa4x but just the ones you loaded in a keyboard set .....

A Keyboard Set is a pre selected group of 4 instruments for use with and can be saved with a Style or Song (in the Songbook). The 4 instruments in the Set are allocated to the 4 Sound areas of the keyboard and can be selected accordingly (for ensemble etc) via the buttons on the Control Panel. To sum it up a Keyboard Set is a convenient collection of 4 Sounds for recall that work together in any Style or Song.

You can change the Keyboard Set for any Style or Song at any time by selecting another and you can select a new sound for any part also at any time without affecting the Saved Set, Style or Song. Keyboard Sets need to be Saved to keep your changes.

The full range of individual Sounds or Keyboard Sets are available for you to use at any time.

Hope this helps.
Korg PA4X, Kawai MPIISE, Ketron SD4, Roland Integra 7, Motu Midi Express XT, Motu Audio Express, Cubase 9.5 Pro, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate (Collectors), Omnisphere, TC-Helicon Voicelive 3, Bose L1m2 (x2) + B2 (x2)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: