Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with VOLCA FM System Updater 1.02

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert Reizfilter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject: Problems with VOLCA FM System Updater 1.02 Reply with quote

Hi!
I got stuck in the middle of the update process for Volca FM. I followed the instructions as on the downloaded pdf. But as the playback of the second .wav file began (step 5) on the display of the volca the message "decode error" appeared.
Now: There seems to be no way back. Switching off and on throws you back to step 4. But since the playback gives again the error message, it doesn´t help.
And there is no other way to restore the volca holding down the buttons in any combination.
Does anybody know what I can do? Sad
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Oops. That is a bummer.
I've no idea whether you can go back or not.

I would suggest to keep on trying to upload the second wav file.
* Try different playback volumes
* Try different playback devices: pc, tablet, phone, ... (I was not succesfull for the first wav file with my PC, but it worked with my old smartphone.°
* Use fresh batteries or a powersupply.

Good luck!
Robert Reizfilter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Solved Updater Problems Reply with quote

@OpAmp:
As you adviced, it worked immediately after changing device. I used my tablet at 70% of the audio volume.
Next Mission is to Transfer DX7 Sysex Patches on the volca. Last time it didnt work. Despite Dexed worked fine in Ableton and there was no error message on software side there was no reaction on the volca fm.
Mmh...

Thank you again for your advice!
hanzde

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have also problems updating the fm always error messages it dont metter wich defice for the upp audioplayback i use or volume nothing works have no problem with beats and sample but the fm whont update
hanzde

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i made the upp with a smartphone and everythings works great
demuxe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(let's try to stay in topic Smile - to upload DX7 patches to the Volca FM please use this thread)

For those having issues when updating, some info from the official instructions:

Update may fail with some audio players, computers or software. If this is the case, please try with a different device.

If you are having trouble with the update, please check the following:
- Check the current system firmware version. If it has already been updated, you will not be able to update again (it will also be unnecessary).
- Make sure the volume of the playback device has been turned up. Please note that some devices which have very high output levels may fail because of it. If this is the case please try turning the volume down and start the update process again.
- Make sure all functions that affect the playback sound, such as cross-fade and EQ, are disabled.
- Make sure the update file is played from the beginning.
- Check the connection from your playback device to your volca fm.
- When using a computer, any other system sounds (e.g. email notification) will cause the update to fail. Make sure all other applications are shut down and do not operate your computer during the update.
Sferrell

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My volca FM also stuck on update. Unable to do anything with it. Have tried from 3 different devices. When running from my phone it started to update then failed half way through. Now when i turn it on it just says 'update'. Tried various volumes. Batteries only had about half hours use
Sferrell

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4th time lucky. Borrowed and iphone which saved the day
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: