Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mini KP2 power up problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
danko_6

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject: Mini KP2 power up problem Reply with quote

Hey all,

Mini KP2 is my first Korg product and also my first effector. I bought it in order to use it with Xone 23 mixer, but still haven't tried it tho. Used it with my phone and PC and it works great. I love the effects, especially the loops, love the sensitivity of the touchpad... everything seems pretty good, but one thing. Powering that thing up is pain in the a*s. Sometimes it boots from the first time, sometimes I have to press the button like 20 times, sometimes it boots when I press the 'fnc' button and the power button at the same time after the previous 20 tries. I am pretty sure that the button is working properly, because when powering off- I just have to press it easy and hold it. I updated the software to 1.10 and really hoped that this would fix it, but, unfortunately, it is still there.

Also, I use it with 2xAA batteries.

Thank you in advance!
danko_6

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention my question. Very Happy
So, is there some way to fix that or is it that particular model's bug or is it just my mini kp2 bug? I am wondering if I should get it back to the shop I bought it from. I am not sure if this is repairable since, really, powering on stuff has been around for a long time now Very Happy and it is not quite feeling good to spend 15 minutes turning the effector on in order to record 1 hour set.
danko_6

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess nobody is reading this thread, but a little update.. It started to turn on almost everytime at some point. Then I did not play with it for a while (1-2 weeks) and removed the batteries as mentioned in the manual. Today I tried to turn it on... nah, it ain't working no more. I guess, just stay away from the mini kp2. It has a lot of powering problems and also did not really work with my mixer as I expected (not blaming Korg on that, it may be just not compitable with the mixer I have).

I really tried to like that thing and it brought me a lot of joy, but man, it's been more problems than fun. Very Happy
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey hi there danko_6
Only jus read this thread, can you not exchange your kp?is it too late?
They are cheaply made (the mini2) but that boot problem is not worth living with.mine doesn't do it.
Regarding the xone mixer, yes the pad does work better with a prefade fx send.sometimes I sacrifice headphone outputs for the fx,though not ideal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: