Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos x to Kronos 2.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: Kronos x to Kronos 2. Reply with quote

Simple question, I hope. Have an out of town date, club will provide a Kronos 2. I have a Kronos X. Can I just do a "Save All" on a usb on my Kronos X and just load that into the Kronos2? I'll put the Kronos 2 back to restore original when the gig is over. I use no extra samples, just what is onboard. I assume I just insert the usb into the Kronos 2, go to the media and hit "Load"? Thanks.
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I would also copy your preload sample file into the K2. I have a K61 and a K2-61. I loaded all my original samples and preloads into the K2 (and save all info) so they would be identical. Now I can save all at home and bring it to church and load. Works perfectly.

Not certain the preload is different but to be sure I’d bring it. You can always set the original K2 preload back on after your done.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geoelectro wrote:
I think I would also copy your preload sample file into the K2. I have a K61 and a K2-61. I loaded all my original samples and preloads into the K2 (and save all info) so they would be identical. Now I can save all at home and bring it to church and load. Works perfectly.

Not certain the preload is different but to be sure I’d bring it. You can always set the original K2 preload back on after your done.

Geo

Wouldn't "Save All" include the preload file? Thanks.
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drama1 wrote:
geoelectro wrote:

Geo

Wouldn't "Save All" include the preload file? Thanks.

Ah, that may be. I remember now that I decided to use Save PCG after saving preloads on both machines. That way the file size is only 46M. I make this copy every week so wanted to use the simplest way to do it.

Someone should chime in on the Save All ability.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drama1
Preload.KSC file can be found in HD folder called factory together with Preload.PCG but both files differ between Kronos X & K2 with
different library architecture , not to mention that there is a case that this file could have been deleted from a previous user in a rent keyboard !
Therefore the best option in your case is to create PCG & KSC files from your current setup and force K2 to follow your K-X library architecture !
So , since you have no custom samples , then under OS v3xx in your Kronos X and your setup loaded do the following :
1) Under Media/Save /Upper screen menu /select save sampling data under second option "Links to EXs & User Sample Banks" under name
MySet.KSC , this will be your preload file.
2) Under Media/Save /Upper screen menu / select save PCG , select "ALL" in next window and save under name MySet.PCG
3) Copy both created files MySet.KSC & MySet.PCG in your USB drive
4) As I've mentioned , Kronos 2 has all K-X library in different positions so you will force library to be in the same order as in your K-X
so as first load in it MySet.PCG as it is and copy MySet.KSC in Kronos 2 / HD root.
5) Goto K2 / Global /Auto - load / Press "add" , browse in HD "MySet.KSC" file and press "add" button and uncheck any other existing
KSC file there (like K2 Preload.KSC).
6 ) Finally at this page , press tab "Auto-load Now" and done !
Also after any Kronos restart case your setup will be ready to play !

PS : If you want to be fair with rent service , before doing anything , save current PCG file as temp.PCG , then load it back , click again
Preload.KSC , and delete all created files in HD !

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Anthony. I was hoping it would simply be doing a "Save All" in the X and "Load" on the Kronos 2. Thank you again.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your case , Save All will work in similar similar way , but this mode always save both sampling data , it doesn't give
you the option to select , it will create folder with no existing samples , and in case of custom samples loaded in
streaming mode , will not save the samples folders and will confuse you with user_samples.KSC file ...
It's obvious that you all have to learn how to use separately saving PCG and sampling data in order to have access
to all saving options and do exactly what is required !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: