Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa4x Dual Players

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject: Pa4x Dual Players Reply with quote

Does anyone get the Stop Player Message when trying to load a second song into a player when the other is playing ?

Looking at the manual the description states that you can play two songs back to back and when player two is playing then load another song into player 1.
I seem to get this message pop up either way and it completely gets in the way of a live show. I tend to work using just the one player and when using setlist wait until the track is finished before selecting the next setlist track.

How are those who use this feature live getting on with this ? Very Happy
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this might be just on your PA4X.....
I have just tested this with both MIDI and MP3 songs playing and I do not get any "Stop Player" message - it even lets me change a song when they are both currently playing.

Try a re-isntall of the OS

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your info Pete, I am sure that a while back someone else posted about the Please Stop Both Players ?

Currently I cannot do a factory reset as I can’t afford any other issues like settings or info becoming corrupted. But in a couple of weeks I will do so and see if this cures this behavior

Very Happy
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait...if you have both tracks playing at the same time, the message is appropriate. You need to STOP one of the players before you can load another song. It makes sense. You can't just load a song whilst another is playing;the song would just stop playing.

So to me, the message is normal if that is what is happening.
Tom04

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
the same message appears if you're playing a
MIDI songbookentry and you choose a STYLE entry as the next one and otherwise.
That makes sense, because you will change Play_modus from song- to style play.
If you are playing a style and want to "load" the player 1 or 2, you can do that using the touch screen. But if you want to start the song, you have to change the mode.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This all works perfectly correctly....
If you are in SONG PLAY mode then you can directly load any combination of MP3/MIDI songs whether they are playing or not without any message.

BUT if you are playing songs and then select a MIDI or MP3 SONGBOOK entry
you will be asked to stop one of the players and then that one will receive the selected songbook entry

If you select a songbook entry which is STYLE then you will be asked to stop all players - this is because the SONGBOOK entry need to change mode to style play.

Hope this helps

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never have both players playing, the idea I believe here is that you can have a set list made up of Midi Files, mp3s & style based songs with the operational path being that you can in theory have a continuous music stream for live performance.

So far so good, but as has been pointed out if you have a midi file playing the OS will not then allow you to load a song into the other player which is based on a style due to the fact that the instrument needs to change mode.

I understand this, what I cannot fathom is why if your setlist has midi files and you then want to morph from one song to the next that I a still getting the Stop Both Players message. When it operates like this it can become confusing in the heat of a live set and stop your workflow.

In a ideal world and as powerful as songbook is the Pa4x should be able to load any of the formats from setlist into the two players provided one is playing and the other is stopped.

I need to delve further as to why I am meeting this issue and report back here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: