Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kaossilator Pro+ syncing BPM

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adrianlive25

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Kaossilator Pro+ syncing BPM Reply with quote

Good afternoon!

This is a pretty simple question and hopefully there is a simple answer.

I am using more than one Koassilator Pro+ live during my shows.
In order to sync the machines I must manually program the BPM's on each unit on the fly.

To save time, I was wondering if you could slave the machines together in someway either using midi or analog connections.

I'm pretty sure if you plug the Kaossillator Pro into the KP3, it automatically syncs the BPM's. Is this true for connecting one Kaossilator pro to another one?

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you!
insenico

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure KP+ works as slave, but I don't think you'll get it to work as master. As slave you can put your midi settings, filter, clock, external. But you need something to create the midi clock for you. As far as I know, another kaossilator doesn't provide that clock. I have sucessully done what you want to do using a master clock from a DAW (FL Studio) and from a keyboard (Roland A-800), and it syncs bpm pretty well. Do you use any other hardware in your setup? There might be something you can use as master.
If you have problems keeping a steady bpm on external clock, try upgrading the KP+ firmware to the 2016 version, on the software change notes they mention bug fixes for external sync.
Hercules RMX2
Novation Launchkey Mini
FL Studio12
Traktor2
DJElectricDaddy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can totally use the kaossilator as the master clock. Set clock to internal and plug midi out to midi in on the slave which is set to external clock

Good luck on keeping sync though. Not something these units excel at
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: