Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How change a Style upper 1 sound bleave everythig else alone

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joned

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject: How change a Style upper 1 sound bleave everythig else alone Reply with quote

PA300.
I choose a style but want to change only the upper sound to something else (different instrument) leaving the backing accompaniment the same.
When I do this (say trumpet to piano) the accompaniment sound changes as well. The Left hand chords now feature the Piano changing the overall sound.

I've tried copying STS 1 to STS 2 then changed the upper instrument, but when playing STS1 and changing to STS2 still the backing changes.

It seems the upper 1 instrument cannot be changed without effecting the style
accompaniment.
Perhaps there is another way of changing the lead instrument (upper 1) without effecting the overall sound...anyone know how ?
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Joned. I don't know anything about the pa300 however I guess it must operate under the same general OS that it's bigger brothers do.

It would appear from your post - as I understand it - that you appear to be trying to change the upper voice via the sts or keyboard library buttons. All you need to do to change any of the individual voices is press onscreen the voice you wish to change and this will bring up the various options of each voice bank. Just press the Bank you want and select the appropriate voice. This won't change anything else within that particular sts...

Hope that's what you require in an answer..
joned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject: How change a Style upper 1 sound bleave everythig else alone Reply with quote

Thank you for your response mrniceneasy.
The method you described is what I have been doing and you are correct the upper voices can be changed this way. However when changing the upper voice it effects the left hand chord sounds because the new upper voice change is now included in the left hand chords.

I have found a 'get around' by selecting the STS I like (either 1,2,3, or 4) and making all the other STS's exactly the same by using the SONG/EDIT buttons.
So, say I like STS1 as the backing sound, I go to SONG/EDIT and save STS2,STS3 and STS4 with the STS1 settings. Now I can return to normal view and all STS's are identical and sound the same, Then all I do is change the upper voice.
I can also select a different upper voice per STS so giving me 4 "lead" sounds with absolutely no change in the backing. It makes for a smooth transition from/to any instrument (after adjusting their individual volumes) - Done!
Obviously I save as a new title so not over riding the original.
A lot easier to do than describe....
Regards..
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Joned. Pleased you found yourself a workaround but have you considered using Songbook?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: