Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nano pad 2 and pitchbend on midichannel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ObiStudio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject: Nano pad 2 and pitchbend on midichannel Reply with quote

Hi All,
I'm new to the forum, just bought a Kronos 2 88 few week ago.
I started programming for my band few days ago and ran into a problem I cant solve.
I hooked up a nanopad2 and set some synth chords to de pad.
I do not want the synth to be played on the keyboard so i set the chordpads to channel 4 (or other).
Now the problem: I need too pitchbend the synth chords a few octave down for a turntable effect (intro I feel for you, chaka khan) The pitchbender works fine with the nanopad when set to channel 1 . but not when set to channel 4.
Is there a way to fix this?
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Nano pad 2 and pitchbend on midichannel Reply with quote

ObiStudio wrote:
Hi All,
I started programming for my band few days ago and ran into a problem I cant solve.
I do not want the synth to be played on the keyboard so i set the chordpads to channel 4 (or other).
Now the problem: I need too pitchbend the synth chords a few octave down for a turntable effect (intro I feel for you, chaka khan) The pitchbender works fine with the nanopad when set to channel 1 . but not when set to channel 4.

Channel 1 is generally the global Channel and things like pitch Bend are transmitted on the global Channel. You may have to rethink how to do the pitch Bend since you want it on a different Channel. You may have to use an envelope generator on the oscillator to create the pitch Bend. Or you could even create one patch for the intro with the pads on Channel One and doing the pitch Bend and then switch to a new patch for other parts of the song. Setlist makes this readily accomplishable. The changing of the patches that is.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS- you might want to experiment a little bit with the karma engine. There might be something in there that could do this for you.
ObiStudio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Nano pad 2 and pitchbend on midichannel Reply with quote

ronnfigg wrote:
ObiStudio wrote:
Hi All,

Channel 1 is generally the global Channel and things like pitch Bend are transmitted on the global Channel. You may have to rethink how to do the pitch Bend since you want it on a different Channel. You may have to use an envelope generator on the oscillator to create the pitch Bend. Or you could even create one patch for the intro with the pads on Channel One and doing the pitch Bend and then switch to a new patch for other parts of the song. Setlist makes this readily accomplishable. The changing of the patches that is.

Thanks, an envelope generator might do the trick. I can use my left hand for chord playing right after the intro.
I read that its possible to set the x/y pad on the nano to pitchbend. I'll try that too.
It is simply not possible to pitchband to another channel, because the bender is on global.. so i will find a way to work around Cool
ObiStudio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I did: moved the pad chords to the lowest part of the keyboard, starting from G-1 and up (edit by manual input). Then I transposed the timbres a few octaves up.
So the pitchbend en vibrato are ok and the pads do not use any of the real keys. I put some samples in the lower range and piano and synth splits in the upper. Hope my solution is clear enough Rolling Eyes

Last edited by ObiStudio on Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grad to hear you got it figured out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: