Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kross 2 won’t recognize pcg files on sd card

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sadrand

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject: Kross 2 won’t recognize pcg files on sd card Reply with quote

Hello, new to Kross 2 and this forum. I downloaded the 4 bonus pcg files but my Kross 2 won’t recognize them. I formatted the card on the Kross, and then copied the files using my Mac to a KORG/KROSS/DATA folder on the card using a usb card reader. It is a 32 gig SDHD card. I put the card back in my Kross 2 and went to the media/file menu but no files show up. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your help.
onsenonsen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: Kross 2 won’t recognize pcg files on sd card Reply with quote

KORG/KROSS/DATA folder -> KORG/KROSS2/DATA folder
castorex

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pcg Bonus pack from Korg are for Kross 1 only... PCG files from different models are never compatible each other.
Sadrand

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Resolution Reply with quote

Ok, so I wondered if my 32 gig SDHD card was incompatible with my Kross 2, so I had an old 8 gig standard SD (not HD) card lying around so I formatted it in my Kross and surprise, the formatting created the folders Korg/Kross2/data folders. This did not happen when I formatted the 32 gig card. The instructions states “Copy the 4 PCG files listed above into the following DATA (folder) directory on your SD card”. Nowhere in the instructions does it say these folders are created automatically by the formatting process, so I created them myself on my Mac, which didn’t work. On the 8 gig card I copied the bonus pcg files to the data folder (the one created by formatting) and it worked! So it appears that the 32 gig SDHD card is incompatible since it didn’t format properly, not sure why. BTW, the bonus PCG files work fine on my Kross 2 as do PCG files from others on the internet who use a Kross 1 so it appears that PCG files ARE compatible between K1 and K2 workstations. Thanks for your help and Happy keyboarding!
castorex

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kross 2 can load Kross 1 PCG file (backward compatibility) and samples/arpegiator patterns/drum tracks are map to equivalent/close ones (if exist)... it doesn't mean that Kross 1 PCG sounds the same on Kross 2. For example Dan Stesco said to me that its banks for Kross are not compatible cause of complex voicing. So if PCG can be loaded it does not mean that sounds and combis give the correct results on a Kross 2!
This is what I want to say by 'not compatible'.

The manual said that formatting the SD card on Kross is required (for building the correct data structure on it). And you have to put the different kind of files on the correct folders naturally.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: