Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please Help!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjdeerinck

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnfigg,

Thanks again for all your help!

I am loading up and going to setup for the gig tonight! We are gonna ROCK THAT PLACE!

~TJ
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Break a leg. And make sure you got that external backup with you.
tjdeerinck

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnfigg,

I am loading up and going to setup for the gig tonight! We are gonna ROCK THAT PLACE!

~TJ
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tjdeerinck wrote:
Steven Kay,

Thanks for clearing that up. And to everyone else.

I basically rebuilt all my patches, combis, setlists last night.

When I power on my Kronos, it is not defaulting to my Setlist and thus the Combis are not correct.

I have saved everything MULTIPLE TIMES NOW with SAVE ALL.

The big question is......How can I default load a Setlist when I power up. All my Preloads are working now.....just need my Setlist to default to reduce GIG STRESS!

~TJ

When you saved everything several times in “Save All”, did you save to a new file with a new name? That works to save it but kronos still default loads to the same old preload files which inculdes a subfile for PCG. PCG includes banking of Program, combi, global and setlist.
Your personal “save all” will have the edited PCG file subfiled in it but it is still not the preload file that is getting loaded. It cannot be part of the bootup until you Load it back into kronos to overwrite the preload files that have been default prior.

You have to load your ”save all” file or actually load from it only the subfile called .PCG back into kronos and it will load kronos with all that you set up in it prior to making the save all. Once it is loaded, that will become the default PCG loading everytime. PCG file contains your Setlist setup and more.

Maybe you made your setlist and did a save-all, but did not do a ”write setlist” command from drop down menu as soon as you setup your setlist. You have to do that in global, setlist, program or combi to have your setup become a part of what loads back up after you power down kronos.

Always do a write setlist command just like you do write program, write combi and write Global... Write all edits you want to keep, write them in all modes before leaving the mode, and then do a save all or save .PCG before powering down. Do both “write” in the mode menu commands, and “save” in disk mode. Problems can happen if you do only one or the other before powering down.

My info here added to the “Power On Mode” settings info, which determines what mode and page your Kronos begins of once boot up is done. And that about covers all you have to work with.

Get a USB flash drive and copy and paste everything from SSD to it. That protects you in case something breaks down with the SSD access.
I even copied a PCG file to an internet accessible file where i can email it or retrieve it online from anywhere in the world in case i lose a tiny thumb drive while far away from home during a disk mode disaster of files missing, mismanaged or corrupted. Buy a new flash drive, format it, go online and download from the file services such as DropBox or Google drive.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tjdeerinck wrote:
Ronnfigg,

~TJ

Hope all went well at you're gig and that you'll be experiencing trouble free operation of your Kronos from here on out. One final tip. The manuals are a great way to learn a lot about your Kronos. If you have a quick start guide go through that first. Then go to the operations guide. Whenever you see a procedure in there, do it. You will learn a lot. Then use the parameter guide as a reference when you feel a little bit more in control of operating your Kronos. The manuals are all searchable PDFs so it makes it really easy to find an answer to your questions if you know the questions to ask.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: