Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos X compatibility w newest Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sinnerman7777777

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject: Kronos X compatibility w newest Kronos Reply with quote

I have the Kronos X, and also bought and loaded the Ex17 and Ex18 add-ons, so: I have All the same sounds loaded on my Kronos X as are on the newest model Kronos (the one with the wooden end caps!)

My question is: will all of my user programs, combinations, and set lists all work properly if I rent a Kronos for a road gig?? Instead of taking my 88-key Kronos X on a flight to Houston (very expensive), could I just travel with my thumb drive that has all my stuff saved on it? and will it work on a new Kronos?? *I can't ask the client to rent me a Kronos X because: it wouldn't have Ex17 and Ex18 loaded on it if they just got it from some music store that rents gear, and so my combinations wouldn't load properly.

I'm worried that since I bought the Ex17 and Ex18 and loaded them onto my Kronos X: that they will not be in the same "slots" or "banks" as on the newest Kronos??? And that there will be problems? especially any combinations that reference programs from Ex17 and Ex18 might not load properly?

Any help, suggestions, thoughts, greatly appreciated. many thanks
Steve
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your setup contains only factory resources plus EXs17 & EXs18
and if you're sure that they will provide you a Kronos 2 for rent then :
- Create a folder in your USB drive called "MySetup"
- On your Kronos X goto MEDIA/SAVE from screen upper scroll down menu select "save all" lead browser to USB drive
"MySetup" folder and execute save.
- In the rent Kronos 2 open "MySetup" folder , load MySetup.PCG file and MySetup_userbank.KSC and then your K2 setup
will be identical with your KX !
KSC file can also be placed at auto-load menu.

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
sinnerman7777777

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks and I already have a USB thumb drive all prepared just exactly as you describe....but: Have you tested it???
Even though I am in Chicago...it's an hour drive to the nearest retail store that actually has one (so I can go in the store and test w USB drive)! (Korg needs to do a better job of getting their boards out to retails stores in Chicago) I can't fly to Houston with a thumb drive and have it not work.
I'm just really worried there will be some issue with the Ex17 and Ex18 sound banks being not loaded/stored in the exact same "banks" on the Kronos 2: and that my set lists/combinations/samples won't all work right.
Have you tested??? It would be GREAT if it worked!!!!
Steve
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sinnerman7777777 wrote:

Have you tested???

Never ask such questions to a Kronos sound developer Wink
Actually Your only concern there is to have an accurate copy of your Kronos X PCG file saved in "all mode" all the rest will be
automatically arranged even with K2 factory Preload.KSC !
The significant question has not been answered ...
Do you have custom (external) samples or extra commercial EXs out of K2 factory contents ?
This case will reverse your options , else you're "ready" to sail ...

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
sinnerman7777777

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I'll drive out to the store and test it tomorrow..I do have an accurate copy of my PCG

No other commercial Exs but......There are indeed a few custom samples I recorded that are then made into programs and included in combinations in my set lists....will they not load? ......any suggestions?
Steve
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About your custom samples :
If all custom contents are arranged in an SSD folder containing
1) Mysamples folder
2) Mysamples.KSC and
3) Mysamples_userbank.KSC
then you can copy this folder to USB drive , copy folder in Kronos 2 SSD and also put Mysamples_userbank.KSC in auto-load menu.
Loading your master PCG , then those samples will be recognized in new Kronos.
If you want to load KSC files manually then remember that you load first one in clear mode and second one in append mode.
Bear in mind that "save all" will not save custom samples that are loaded in streaming from disk mode , unless you have loaded
them in Ram mode (Mysamples.KSC).

Hope this helps

sinnerman7777777

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It DID work to load my PCG file to the Kronos2-88. Thank you! I had to drive way out to the suburbs to find a store that had a Kronos2 on the sales floor so I could test. Note: The issue of ex17 and ex18 sound libraries perhaps being loaded in different banks on my KronosX was Not an issue....as long as the Kronos you're loading your PCG to has those ex17 and 18 installed...it Will work.
Many thanks!!!

*Why are no Kronos2's available in Chicagoland? (are they being discontinued?
*I can't find a store that has a Kronos LS for me to test either! (is it too new?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sinnerman7777777 wrote:
It

*Why are no Kronos2's available in Chicagoland? (are they being discontinued?

its the winter weather. K2's prefer moderate temps.

Thats 1 of the reasons I moved from Chicago several decades ago
Wink
aellison62

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Upgrading Kronos X to Kronos 2 soundset Reply with quote

Hi all, I have a Kronos X and plan to purchase and load the EX17, EX18 and KRS07 (sound pack) to bring it up to date sound-wise with the Kronos 2. I see on the current program list (of the Kronos 2) on the support website, that these programs occur mostly in INT-A and INT-B banks. Obviously my current Kronos X INT-A and INT-B programs banks contain different sounds.

When others have purchased this "Sound Pack", what banks have you used for placing these? USER-A and -B ??? Is it a complete two banks of programs (and the couple dozen combis?)

Thanks for any recommendations, I am sure quite a few forum members have done this very thing over the past few years since this was released.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: