Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M1 To KRONOS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smallaxeman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: M1 To KRONOS Reply with quote

Hey guys... so im not great with a the tech stuff on a Kronos so please try not to baffle me with science

I am trying to get certain sounds from my old M1 to my Kronos, I have searched far and wide but seem to end up back right where I started (The beginning)

Please someone help me, its driving me crazy, is it really that hard to do ?

Just to note, I want the actual sound from the M1 , Nt something similar...

Thanks in advance

Paul
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Here is a link toward a M1 to Kronos editor : http://bakyardsoft.com/bakyard/M1ToKronos051Setup.exe
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i Use iM1 on iPad paired to my Kronos. If you already have a Later model iphone or iPad, it will work great with Kronos. I Hook it up over lightning to USB.
If you already have kronos multitasked to a computer with no way to wire iPad/iPhone into the mix, then maybe not for you. Maybe an advanced audio+midi interface will help. ???

https://youtu.be/RnfoNA60DY4

https://youtu.be/nK2Q4CwGccE

iM1 has all the sounds and added card sounds from all the editons of M1.

The main reason i prefer iM1 over loading M1 sounds into kronos is that iM1 does not use Kronos CPU or polyphony. So when it comes to layering sounds, i gain the benefit of taking my layers deeper before hitting the polyphony crash.
Kronos has so much going on with many powerful sounds, it can be really easy to crash polyphony when layering some of the synth engines into a combi.
With an iPad you get more than just iM1. I use iPad pro and i have 2 kronos combis i made that use Local Kronos programs, iM1 combi, and a program from Nave all at the same time, via an app called midiflow.
I zone Nave sounds to the top and iM1 combi to the bottom and Kronos internal sounds run across all keys.
I could even add more apps for more sounds or recording. iPad route ends up being much more versatile than just bringing in iM1 to the mix without polyphony impact on Kronos.
jbeliz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sample the sound into the Kronos and map it out this beats using extra devices such as the ipad, the process is easy and done right will re-produce an accurate copy of it, editing will be required such as loop points etc...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: