Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error message after turning E2 to E2S

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricosound

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Error message after turning E2 to E2S Reply with quote

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and the the Electribe..

Just wanted to sahre something I encountered and wanted to know if anyone had the same issue.

Sooo..I bought a used E2 ( the grey one ) that came with the 1.0.6 firmware.

As I turn it on the machine start booting up as normal but then around 90% it stops and shows " Error - Unknown error" message.
From a first look functions seems to work but I thought that maybe it was an issue of having a non updated firmware.
Next thing I do it that I update the machine to the latest firmware, no more error messages but the "import sample" nd related are gone.
Since I want to use it mostly for sampling and live triggering of these I was quite disappointed.
After reading all about this issue with the newer firmware on the E2 model I managed to hack it back to the old firmware 1.0.10 and back to the sampling functions.
Machine was working fine, I imported some samples, saved on a pattern etc...then exported them via "all sample export". This saving process was very slow I guess because the machine was exporting all the samples that the previous owner had in there.
Then the problem came once the .all file was exported and I was trying to load it back.
The E2 started again to have issue at booting and also my samples and pattern were not there anymore even if I did all the correct steps to store them via "write" button and "export samples".
After fiddling around for a while with the export functions etc...I decided to format the Sd card then place the 1.0.6 firmware file in the System folder and via "software update" function reinstalled that one.
Luckily this made it , since that Ive been able to import, save samples into parts/pattern etc and find them after the E2 was turned off.

So far I'm happy that the E2 turned E2S is working as I expected but I was wondering if the main issue was the 1.0.10 firmware that I initially installed and if anyone had a similar issue.

thanks !
Poumtschak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Error message after turning E2 to E2S Reply with quote

ricosound wrote:
Sooo..I bought a used E2 ( the grey one ) that came with the 1.0.6 firmware.

Since I want to use it mostly for sampling and live triggering of these I was quite disappointed.

What's the point in buying the E2 and hack it, when what you need is a E2S ?

The hack is... well, a hack.
It does not change the E2 into a full fledged E2S, since the ROM sounds are not the same between the units.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: