Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transferring Sequences from Triton to Kronos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jroberts@fusionfireprotec

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Transferring Sequences from Triton to Kronos Reply with quote

As someone who used my Triton largely as a stand-alone workstation, I was concerned about finding a simple process to transfer my sequences from my Triton Studio to a new Kronos. Having little to no MIDI experience, Korg Product Support provided me with a great step by step solution with the use of (1) MIDI cable.

While this may be a more cumbersome way to transfer sequences, I can assure you it works wonderfully. So for anyone with the similar concerns, I hope you find the following helpful;

1. Using a MIDI cable, connect the MIDI OUT of the Triton to the MIDI IN on the Kronos.
2. On the Triton, set each track of the sequencer to EXTERNAL.
a. Press MENU and touch “P1: TRK PARAM”
b. Touch “MIDI CH 1-8” tab and change Status of all tracks to “EXT.
c. Do the same on “MIDI CH 9-16”.
d. Take note of the MIDI channel assigned to each track since the seq tracks in the Kronos must be assigned to the same MIDI channel.
3. Then set the MIDI CLOCK to INTERNAL.
a. Press GLOBAL button and touch “P1: MIDI”.
b. Change “MIDI Clock” to “Internal MIDI”.
c. Touch top right corner and select “Save Global Settings” and “OK”.
4. On the Kronos, check off “Multi-Rec” in the top right and change all the tracks you are recording to from “Play” to “Rec”.
5. Then check the MIDI channel to each track in the Kronos, match the MIDI channel of each track in the Triton.
a. On the Kronos, touch the “Track Parameter” tab and the “MIDI” tab.
b. Make any necessary changes to the MIDI channel of each track so they match the MIDI channel of each track in the Triton.
6. Change the Tempo on the Kronos to match the BPM Temp of the Triton
7. Adjust the mix volume of each track on the Kronos to approximately half volume
8. Press PLAY and RECORD on the Kronos and PLAY on the TRITON.
9. Rename the MIDI tracks – to Triton Program Names
10. Once the sequence has been recorded in the Kronos, assign new programs to each track. Hopefully your track naming conventions will assist with this process.
11. Save to Disk

**TIP: Increase the tempo to reduce transfer times
countrycreek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have saved to floppy on triton as smf and loaded into kronos with ext usb 3.5 drive and had success this way also

km 200 Hartke (2)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: