Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Musikmesse 2018 11th-14th April
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
At last this forum is accessible again, this downtime period sure happens very often.

Re Genos:
I agree that a module or 88 key version would be great, but then again Yamaha should also make an effort to include functionality one expects from a professional instrument.
Such as the DAW integration you find on the Motif (incl. audio over USB, something which you even can find on budget synth such as the Boutiques...), it should have the YEM app on the GENOS as well.
But I have to say that it sounds excellent, better than KORG's PA4X (with exception of the piano/e.piano/organs, at least to my ears), with the KORG guitars trailing way behind the guitars on the GENOS.

As far as Musikmesse is concerned, from the 'big 3' Roland is missing, like last year.
I suspect they will have a special 6/06 or 5/05 day.
KORG could have something of more interest to show than a new batch of guitar tuners, and the same goes for Yamaha, but if last year is any indication it's best to have no expectations whatsoever.

Its not only Genos...
Same goes for pa4x...

I would love to see an 88 key cross between pa4x and the grandstage..
With 8 sounds to spreead over the whole keyrange (instead of the 4 from the pa4x) and more dsp power..
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
Jan1 wrote:
At last this forum is accessible again, this downtime period sure happens very often.

Re Genos:
I agree that a module or 88 key version would be great, but then again Yamaha should also make an effort to include functionality one expects from a professional instrument.
Such as the DAW integration you find on the Motif (incl. audio over USB, something which you even can find on budget synth such as the Boutiques...), it should have the YEM app on the GENOS as well.
But I have to say that it sounds excellent, better than KORG's PA4X (with exception of the piano/e.piano/organs, at least to my ears), with the KORG guitars trailing way behind the guitars on the GENOS.

As far as Musikmesse is concerned, from the 'big 3' Roland is missing, like last year.
KORG could have something of more interest to show than a new batch of guitar tuners, and the same goes for Yamaha, but if last year is any indication it's best to have no expectations whatsoever.

Its not only Genos...
Same goes for pa4x....

True, but I mentioned Yamaha specifically since they introduced the GENOS towards the end of last year as a digital workstation with pictures showing it in a studio environment with a PC running a DAW.
Going by replies given by Yamaha representatives they seem to think too much in terms of 'OR' instead of 'AND' and they appear to be very rigid in making sure their instruments do not step across category boundaries.
Soundwise the GENOS is a significant step forward, Yamaha only needs to follow through and be more open-minded. I don't know if any of the functionality I mentioned can be implemented in a future update, but it would make a big difference.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:

Re Genos:

Roland will show up at the Synth festival in Berlin one week after the musikmesse..

Forgot its name, but its much cheaper then musikmesse and fits Rolands current product line(keys) much better.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less then 10 days to go...

I am looking forward to the latest news about some long running development programs..

- Waldorf Quantum
- Non Linear Labs C15
- Yamaha Montage and Genos software updates
- Korg Kronos software update.. or even a replacement?
- Nord, C3d?
- Kurzweil Forte update..
- NI komplete kontrol and/or Akai VIP news
- hosts for live keyboardists using VST’s in general.
afr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They just released the official V3 introducing the RIFF & SEQ features

Bachus wrote:

I am looking forward to the latest news about some long running development programs..

- Waldorf Quantum
- Non Linear Labs C15
- Nord, C3d?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:

- Waldorf Quantum
- Non Linear Labs C15
- Nord, C3d?

Apple has no problems discussing future product plans such as their communication about a new MacBook Pro. By doing so, customers like myself can plan more effectively.

I find that much more useful and progressive in this era of advancing tech.

Its not that I require daily/monthly updates or similar. A general statement or forward looking update will suffice. I don't expect total detail on features. That is premature, anyway.

I think our big 3 is missing an opportunity with future big ticket purchases. Of course, if they have nothing to offer on a flagship for the next year, that might explain the crickets.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
I predict lots of Guitar Tuners being released as always.

Seems Guitarists use them for everything, even wiping their backsides. They are highly disposable too. You can never have enough Guitar Tuners. In fact, if I were a guitarist, I'd probably give 10 of them away to the next person who posts below me just so I could buy more.

If only someone could make an edible range for Guitarists. I think that would go a long way to solving this constant problem of never feeling like they have enough. They would go with everything. A bit of fresh salad and a juicy tuner, yummy.

If you blend them you can even snort them. So many uses. We need more Guitar Tuners.

Sharp.

Guitar Tuna:

There are some bloody ridiculous aids to help guitarists turn their tuning pegs too. I'd have thought their fingers were nimble enough to turn a key, but hey, the best guitarist I know has trouble turning pages of a book (which he reads while trying to drive) and thinks the government is seeding the clouds with fluoride (using commercial airlines to do it too), so fast fretboard fingers really means nothing about other skills....
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click on link below. There is something missing on the main front web page.
Why?? All other current keyboards except one are listed. Why?

http://www.korg.com/us/

Billy
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billysynth1 wrote:
Click on link below. There is something missing on the main front web page.
Why?? All other current keyboards except one are listed. Why?

http://www.korg.com/us/

Billy

I see that. Its not on the ' home ' page.

But its still on the product pages.

IOW, Korg is not splashing the K around. Well, its 7 yrs old, afterall.

We all know about it. And Korg wants to promote their new products.

Not surprising to me.

Is this your concern ?
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah well, so far the Musikmesse is in line with my expectations.
But there's the debut of the Valkyrie which is a big step forward in terms of the specs for a hardware synth with a projected price of under 2000 Euros.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
Yeah well, so far the Musikmesse is in line with my expectations.
But there's the debut of the Valkyrie which is a big step forward in terms of the specs for a hardware synth with a projected price of under 2000 Euros.

It indeed sounds like a lot of synth..
But is still need to hear something spectacular sounding from it

There will also be a keyboard version
And a rack version..
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find a nice overview of all the musikmesse news overhere

http://keyszone.boards.net/user/1/recent

Mostly youtube video’s
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile.... lots of VST's and Sample libraries were released for DAW's.

Regards
Sharp.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hall did not look very busy. Almost desolate even. Shocked

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitecrawler wrote:
The hall did not look very busy. Almost desolate even. Shocked

Most keyboard companies will show their new stuff at superbooth in Berlin in a few weeks... espescially Roland and `d`s`i. Will be very prominent there
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: