Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg A1 battery change.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bazz02

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Korg A1 battery change. Reply with quote

Guys,
Can this battery be changed without resoldering.
Dosent seem to want to come out.

Cheers Barry
WrshpLdr_NJ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the battery can be removed from the holder. I recently replaced mine. It does not come out easily, don't be afraid to use a little force. You can use a wooden or plastic tool to help you pop it out, don't use anything metal as you may short something out.

The sad news is that if the battery is completely drained, you will loose all the stored memory. All of it. You will have to reprogram it from scratch. That's what happened to me.

If you don't know about this site, check them out they are quite useful:
http://www.korgaseries.org/
While most of the info is for the A3, it does have midi dumps for all the versions (A1, A2 and A3) as well as pdf manuals.

The A1 is a great unit, I hope you're still getting good use out of it.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't plugged in my A1 or my A2 since I had a baby 5 years ago. I assume the battery is dead. Heck, it might be a crystalline blob of battery acid in one or both of them. (does the A2 have a battery?) My guess is i should change the batteries even if intact. Is there a way to swap the battery without loosing the presets?

(I purchased these effects just before my kid was born so i know nothing about them but was looking forward to learning how to use them. Finally have some free time to dive in.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: