Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Samples and SD cards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muzik_guy

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:58 am    Post subject: Samples and SD cards Reply with quote

So, I have RAM installed and created samples via software/PC. I use those samples with my current band, along with all of the regular custom combis I built for the band. I have saved my sounds on an SD card.

I have a reunion show with my former band and luckily saved all of the combis I created when I was with that band too. I need to recall those old sounds so my plan is to simply load them from the SD card until the show is over and then reload the current band's sounds afterwards.

My question is, will the samples I currently use be lost (along with their designated placeholders) going back to my old sounds and then restoring my current sounds?

I know SD cards can store combis/programs/songs but are samples saved the same way?
muzik_guy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumpety bump. Same question, same scenario. I really could use some guidance on this, please.

Thanks.
wpostma

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my Korg TR 88, like yours, there are banks A,B,C of Combis, and these use program banks A,B,C,D, and, sometimes, Gm (general midi).

Before you load your "SHOW.PCG" sample banks, which will overwrite combi banks A,B,C, and program banks A,B,C,D, save your entire system layout from Media mode, into "STANDARD.PCG". Then load the show stuff. After the show, reload the "STANDARD.PCG" which will get everything back to how it was before the show.

If you load a .PCG that you know only overwrites ONE program bank, and ONE combi bank, you still won't know which combis that you didn't overwrite are still "Good" or which ones will have "Gone Weird".

So I think unless you are an obessessive compulsive patch and combi reorganizer, your .PCGs will be as big a scrambled mess as everybody elses.

If you're like me, your standard setups, combis, and programs, and your global stuff (like custom ARPeggios) are a mismash of factory stuff and a dozen other things. So you'll probably find that it's best to make a STANDARD.PCG or BACKUP.PCG before you start (you choose the name, just save ALL from media mode).

These forums aren't very active. I have literally 3 months experience with Korgs now, but I seem to still be around, unlike most people. Smile

W

Warren Canada
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: