Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random atonal note issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kinokoma

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Random atonal note issue Reply with quote

Anyone else who experienced this issue reported on gearslutz?

„What was worse was that seemingly once per 'session' I'd encounter an issue where wildly atonal notes - typically an octave or more away from the notes I was playing - would randomly start sounding, and would sometimes require a restart to fix.“

I had the same issue with my 8 voice. I’ve had my Prologue for a week now and have played it every day for an hour or so, but the problem has only appeared on the first two days.
RikMaxSpeed

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed two related issues:

- Tuning of the analogue oscillators isn't always great, both at the low & high end of the keyboard. I've tried rebooting the Prologue so it retunes its oscillators once the keyboard has been running for 10mn (assuming it takes a little while to heat up) but that had no discernible effect.

- Presets that use the ring modulator can generate some far off frequencies, so playing a high note can generate a low bass rumble for example - this is to be expected, that's what a ring modulator does. But this also had me thinking that the keyboard was generating random notes or aliasing badly.
Synthee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a few atonal notes that came suddenly in the beginning, but after re-updated the firmware of other reasons, they haven't appear again, not on the sounds I have been playing anyway.

When this guy did his live stream with his new prologue, the sudden atonal tone happened at one time, and he reacted to that, but I dont remember at what time it was and its to long for me to try and find it.

RikMaxSpeed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've bumped into this now too, 2 issues:
1. osc1 on some voices playing out of tune.
2. completely random oscillator pitch on some voices. I wish there was a line of LEDs, 1 per voice, like on the DSI synths, it would help pinpoint the issue.

In both cases rebooting the Prologue and that fixed the problem.
I've now updated to OS 1.1, hopefully what will help.

Problem 1 sounds like a problem with the tuning.
Problem 2 sounds like a bug when changing presets or in dual mode where some voices don't appear to pick up the correct settings.
mookid

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys , think I got the same issue on my prologue 8, random oscillator pitch bug happened to me before the 1.10 update and after the update, it goes away when I change mode (last time was in chord mode, move back to poly mode, issue disappear) pretty strange, hope it's not hardware related ? any info from korg ? Crying or Very sad
steve79

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Random atonal note issue Reply with quote

Kinokoma wrote:
Anyone else who experienced this issue reported on gearslutz?

„What was worse was that seemingly once per 'session' I'd encounter an issue where wildly atonal notes - typically an octave or more away from the notes I was playing - would randomly start sounding, and would sometimes require a restart to fix.“

I had the same issue with my 8 voice. I’ve had my Prologue for a week now and have played it every day for an hour or so, but the problem has only appeared on the first two days.

Just to say that I solved this problem! Made the voice update....the procedure is written on the firmware uodate guide!!! Try it out!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: