Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drum kit wrong in EXs19 programs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dNoise

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject: Drum kit wrong in EXs19 programs Reply with quote

I loaded the EXS19 library but most of the drumkits point to programs in Banks where there is a normal voices iso a drumkit. Obviously this gives very weird drum sounds when you active the drum.
Did I make a mistake during loading, or is my Kronos Gold somehow differently organised than is expected in the EXs19 lib? Is there a fix, or is there a list with the right drum kits so I can edit all EXS19 programs that I loaded into the U-G bank.
mikeyd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming you're talking about KApro's Private collection. There is a Voice List that includes where the drums are that are in a pdf that you should have on the CD's that came with your KRONOS.
Make sure when you load them, if you get a message into the "new" locations. When loading some banks, you'll get the option to load them in the old or new order. Since you have a K2 gold it should be the new way.
The good thing is that you can just reload again and do it with the new order.
Hope this is what you're looking for.
dNoise

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: Drum kit wrong in EXs19 programs Reply with quote

Thx for coming back.
My drum kits are all in the right location, I checked with the vocie list.
For the EXS19 KAPRO library it is referencing a kit in UG003, and I did load the kapro progrmas also in bank UG.
However, there should be no drum kits in that UG bank so how can KAPO reference that program location as a drum kit?
So queston, as an example, for program 000 exs45 Symph. Orch. 2, what is the drum kit listed under tab Basic-Drum Track? The Pattern is P693 Tablas5 (Orch).
If I use drumkit G(D) Orchestra it sounds pretty lousy.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drum tracks and drum kits are 2 different animals. Any kit can play any track. Drum kits come from banks. Drum tracks are kind of like a "pattern". When you look at a drum track it has a recommended kit. You might check with the software developer and see what his intentions/recommendations are.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: