Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA 600 OR YAMAHA PSR S970 or s770
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maintech

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Making choices Reply with quote

There is a choice making process used by industry that you might find interesting.
It consists of two columns, one labelled MUST HAVE, and the answers are "Go" or "No Go". A No Go result for Must Have Quality rejects the choice.
The second column is WANTS, and are rated out of 10. Create the two or more choice sets and add the columns. You can also ask trusted 'ears' to give you their Wants rating where you are uncertain.
I was at the same point you are at several years ago, Yamaha PSR700 vrs Korg, PA500 and I rented different keyboards for a few weeks at a time. My local dealer (Long & McQuade) took into consideration the rental costs when I finally bought so it was not an expensive exercise. I chose the Korg after having a professional player demonstrated a numbers of identical peices. I recently upgraded to the PA600 and I'm very pleased with my choices.
Epictetus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's no doubt in my mind that the pa600 kills both the pa500 and the psrs700....I too had a pa500 and I think even my pa300 is vastly superior, let alone the pa600 Smile

Korg Pa300. Keyboards I have owned over the years:

Kurzweil K2000, Ensoniq SQ1, Korg Trinity, Roland XP-80, Yamaha Tyros 2
Roland F20, Yamaha MOX
and various others.
Epictetus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: pa600 sound vs pa900 sound Reply with quote

Roy.hewa wrote:
Does anyone here compared pa600's sounds and drums with pa900's.

Are they the same in quality.

the pa600 has 22 DNC sounds, the pa900 has 75. Lots more DNC. I don't think the pa900 is 'better'...it just has more than the pa600. The pa600 is a mini pa900. The pa300 is a mini pa600 Smile

Only problem I see between the pa600 and the pa900, is a jump in price. But the pa900 is still good value for money...again , you get a lot of stuff crammed in there that you don't get from Yamaha at the same price...simple...like someone said before, it's better value for money.

But if you already have a pa600, I'd say don't worry...if you want more drums, you might find a good library as the 96 mb ram should accommodate a killer drumkit. Drums are short samples so 96 mb can take lots of quality drums.

The only problem is that after market samples for a Korg pa aren't easy to find, especially at reasonable prices....at least, I haven't seen them

Korg Pa300. Keyboards I have owned over the years:

Kurzweil K2000, Ensoniq SQ1, Korg Trinity, Roland XP-80, Yamaha Tyros 2
Roland F20, Yamaha MOX
and various others.
Snorkum

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct, it's the features that are different. But the feature can make the sound and performance better. For example:
PA900 has after touch, which 600 does not have. I can introduce another instrument or percussion or special effect, just by pressing the key harder. You can adjust the after touch value. During a performance, or playing/recording a song this is awesome and very effective.
The 900 has TC-Helicon, another totally different section the 600 does not have. Your imagination has no boundaries there. Just to mention two of them. Much more creativity going with the 900 than with the 600.
Just a thought.
Hope this helps.
vipinpvarghese

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject: Sampler for PA 600 in latest OS update? Reply with quote

Hi All,

Seen lot of people talking about the availability of sampler in PA900 which PA600 does not have. I read in Korg website that the latest OS update for PA600 added sampler facility.

Could someone confirm that now this facility is available in PA600 if updated to latest OS?
Thank you
gkthomas

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have PA600 and Yamaha S910. It is not a fair comparison between two, However I see certain good things in korg and some in Yamaha. Yamaha has a good feature that I can play a sequencer song and style together and change the chrods as you would do when you play style alone. Korg does not have this feature. Yamaha has some good sounds in strings , sax . Korg has some good in flute pads etc. I am an indian music player and yamaha give indian kit which lots of indian sounds including a rare percussion called Mrudangam. Yamaha also sell indian expansion styles and sounds with super quality . Korg has an indian kit but does not have sounds like I said above. Korg also sell an Indian expansion which is done by a third party company in india and is very poor in quality and customer service. It ridiculously cost $250 for Pa600 and $350 for Pa900. Korg has better editing options for both styles and Sequencer songs. Korg PA600 sounds does not have the same quality as Krome or old Tritons. However you can tweak your sound to achieve what you need. If make an overall selection, I would go for KORG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: