Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Selling Kronos, what happens with sounds ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dzeykery@gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:49 am    Post subject: Selling Kronos, what happens with sounds ? Reply with quote

So the topic is the actual question im selling old korg kronos and switching to kronos LE, can I use the sounds that I bought at korg sound shop in my new korg or they are linked to the old korg and cant be reused ?
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact Korg Support and see what they say. I've heard accounts of Korg issuing new passcodes, but I'm not sure about deactivating them for an old Kronos. I'll wait for some others to chime in here with their experiences.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Selling Kronos, what happens with sounds ? Reply with quote

dzeykery@gmail.com wrote:
So the topic is the actual question im selling old korg kronos and switching to kronos LE, can I use the sounds that I bought at korg sound shop in my new korg or they are linked to the old korg and cant be reused ?

The Korg 'process' ( or lack of one) on moving 3rd party samples from 1 Kronos to another has been a hot topic here for several years.

Lets clarify your post and dive into some detail to better explore the problem.

There is no " LE". Guess thats a typo, and you are buying the " LS".

You would like a copy or ' new license/auth#'s ' for what you purchased, correct ? For free, correct ?

What ' sounds ' did you purchase from the Korg shop ?

The issue is that there is no automatic, systemic process, for free, for a ' 2nd seat' or a 3rd set, etc, etc, This has been requested of Korg about a zillion times over the years.

As Mike suggests, there have been some recent success with a few reported cases or requests for a newly copied 3rd party sample product or additional seat, whatever one wants to call it. My assessment is that Korg treats each request individually . Thats a ' one off ' approach. Not a ' process'.

We all know what Korg ' should ' do. That has been suggested for several years by hundreds or Kronos owners.

I have more thoughts on the underlying 'problem' but will hold that. I think its useful to understand some of the details of the issue before speculating on a real fix.
mm-pro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you should definitely contact them. They helped me out recently when I bought a second Kronos. I owned two at the same time however. They took some time getting back to me on the issue-10 business days IIRC.

Good luck.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm-pro wrote:
Yes, you should definitely contact them. They helped me out recently when I bought a second Kronos. I owned two at the same time however. They took some time getting back to me on the issue-10 business days IIRC.

Good luck.

10 days is a long time, especially if you have gig commitments.

Since many of the 3rd party sample libs are authored/ offered by independent/ small business types, they ' should ' have a say whether or not their product is given for free under the reported circumstances.

That ' behind the scenes ' could be activity that adds to response time.

If I authored 3rd party sample lib products I would prefer to have a voice on a request.

Personally, I think the process should be to offer a 2nd seat ( or third) at a deeply discounted price. For the multiple K owner.
Might be too late in the game, and what ' should ' be done does not appear likely - for a more responsive process.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: