Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Download of pa4 to pa1000
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ciao Simon,

Piacere di rivederti qui. Non sapevo che suonavi ancora il PA2X , pensavo che ormai fosse un Ketron Smile Smile Smile

Of course the PA2X and PA800 are true landmarks in the history of Korg.
Sometimes I wish they had simply implemented the improvements ( more and better basic samples, better fill-ins, new styles) in the actual PA800 with its superb amplification. However truth be told the PA1000 amplification is really very good and close to that of the PA800.
All in all I think that once the most important bugs have been addressed by Korg, the PA1000 can become a very successful midrange arranger keyboard.

regards,
John
simondrake

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Individual chord recognitions per STS / Performance Reply with quote

[quote="simondrake"]
siebenhirter wrote:
simondrake wrote:
.. With my pa2x it is not possible, neither in songbook mode nor in the performances. Can it be done in pa 700-1000? ..

It is possible with Pa2x - use Pa2x Split panel touch the Split tab to select this panel - this is where you can set the split point, Chord Recognition mode and their lock icons.
Both - split point and chord recognition could be saved in Performances and also in STS. Split point and chord recognition mode only remains unchanged when selecting a different Performance or STS in case if locked. If not locked with each STS and Performance you select and use different Split Points and Recognition Modes that changed according to the stored settings.

Note, that when in Full or Upper Chord Scanning mode, the Fingered 3 mode is always selected (more information “Chord Recognition Mode” on page 106 Pa2x-manual).
It is not possible with Pa1000 because poorly solved use of the chord recognition function, unfortunately only stored globally in the style preferences. Therefore can no longer be used with different modes in the individual KbdSets.

This (Style Preferences global) is by the way a strong criticism of the OS of the Pa1000, since not only the Chord recognition, but also the Velocity switch controllable style functions can only be stored and set globally, whereas this could be stored with previous models per KbdSet and used much better and more varied.

Dear Siebenhirter, I tried your suggestion but I am not able to do it. When in the split tab I tried to lock the split lock and the chord scanning one, save the sts setting, save it in a songbook entry as sts1, then create a new sts 2 with a different choice ( full keyboard this time) save as sts 2 and save it again in the same sts entry as sts2. When I switch between the 2 sts the keyboard remains in the same scanning mode of the last saved sts, in this case full keyboard.

Where am I wrong? I tried both with lock and unlock, no difference.

I was told years ago that this could not be done but if you know maybe it's a wrong assumption of mine.

A warm salute to John by the way.

Simone
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Individual chord recognitions per STS / Performance Reply with quote

simondrake wrote:
.. where am I wrong? I tried both with lock and unlock, no difference.
I was told years ago that this could not be done but if you know maybe it's a wrong assumption of mine. ..

I think you basically do something wrong when saving data - and maybe you never tried to use best setttings of Pa2x, because you got bad informations.
Pa2x always had the option to change chordrecognition via STS or Performance.
First try to unlock "ChordRecognitionLock" so you can see an opend lock in your "Split Panel" as described in manual of Pa2x starting on page 94. On this page it also is noted that you can save these settings in STS and Performances. Furthermore "Split Point and Chord Recognition lock icons" describes that these locks must be open if ChordRecognition is to be changed via Performance and STS. For this it is also necessary to save these lock settings once in the globals, because otherwise they will be reset when the instrument is switched off.
Next is to understand how data are memorized. If ChordRecognition-Lock is opend, each time you select a PERFORMANCE also Chord-Recognition, saved with this Performance would be selected.

For example if you save a Performance with Chord-recognition-mode "Fingered"3 and you save another Performance with Chord-Recognition-Mode "Expert" then each time you change between both performances, also each time Chord-Recognition-Mode would change between that two values as saved.

But it goes without saying that the lock-icon in each of the two performances also must also be opened before writing these performances. There are two lock-icons in "SplitPanel" - first icon is to lock/unlock Split, second icon is for lock/unlock Chord-recognition-mode.

A PERFORMANCE is saved in the PERFORMANCE-Library - a STS also is a single performance, but is not saved in Performance-Library.
STS are saved in STYLE-PERFORMANCES - so if you set Chord-Recognition-Mode of STS and save it to the corresponding style, you temporary can use that chord-recognition-modes of that style, but in case you select another style, you loose the tempory saved chord-recognitions of your style, because you only saved STS and did not also save the style-performance with settings of STS.

So be careful in case you changed and saved STS of a style (style-performance) temporary and do not forget also to save STYLE-performance with its new settings permanent.
There a look to page 109 maybe helpful, where you can see Page-Menue of Pa2x with following commands:
- Write Performance
- Write Single Touch Setting
- Write Current Style Performance
- Write Global-Style Setup ...... etc

If you have set your different Chord-Recognitions to STS1 (2, 3,4) also "Write Single Touch Setting" and do not forget at least to "Write Current Style Performance", to be sure STS of this Style Performance would not be temporar but permanent.
Next have a look to Lock-Icon of Style-Preferences (Page 107 ff) - all parameters in this page may be protected from selecting a different Performance or STS; also this lock is reset when turning the instrument off, unless you write Global settings to memory. So always unlock this settings to be sure for changing chord-recognition via STS or Performances of Pa2x.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
simondrake

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Siebenhirter,

I realized that I probably made a big mistake when describing my issue.

First of all thanks again for your thorough explanation about saving preferences in both performance and sts, the difference between style, performance, etc. I spent the whole evening with my manual (just slight difference in page numbers from your references due to translation I guess). I must confess that, as you said, you can actually save split points and chords recognition preferences in sts and performances and it works fine, BUT I realized that what I need is different and I still think impossible.

What I want is to have in one single songbook entry (that in my view is just a performance with a linked style and 4 sts) 2 possibilities: play sts1 in full keyboard mode, therefore both lower and upper chord recognition(scan) buttons ON. Play sts 2 with lower chords recognition ON only!

This is what you cannot get at the touch of a sts bottom only.

I think these are 2 global parameters that cannot be saved into a sts or performance.

So the keyb plays either in lower+upper or just lower, or just upper, or none.

In my old Yamaha psr 3000 using the registration buttons you can have for any button a "picture" of the settings you have set. So registration 1 piano full keyboard and chord scanning throughout the all keys, registration 2 split keyboard, chords in left hand only. Like that I can play piano style with my 2 hands on the keyboard, sing along. When I have to play a right hand solo I hit registration 2, play chords with my left and use a lead on the right.

I fear with my korg I have to hit sts 2 AND lower scan split button.

Do you think I am still wrong? Any solutions?
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Chord settings selected via STS Reply with quote

simondrake wrote:
.. I still think impossible .. I think these are 2 global parameters that cannot be saved into a sts or performance. So the keyb plays either in lower+upper or just lower, or just upper, or none. .. Any solutions? ..

Settings of ACCOMPANIMENT – CHORD SCANNING section is saved in Performances and STS.
FULL (both LEDs On) is one of these settings, where chords are detected on the full keyboard range.
Keyboard splitted and chords in left hand only is another setting of chord scanning - and also you may select additional two settings, all possible to be selected via STS (in case you saved this settings in a style-performance)
On page 216 you will find usage of General Controls/Lock/Control/Keyboard Mode (Split)/Chord Scanning.
When this lock is closed, the status of the SPLIT button (i.e., of the keyboard mode) and the CHORD SCANNING section remain unchanged when a different Performance or STS is selected. This only is useful if, for example, you prefer to always play in Full Keyboard, with chords recognized on the whole keyboard range.

In case you want SPLIT button and the CHORD SCANNING section should change its setting synchron to different setting as saved in Performance or STS take care this LOCK IS OPENED if you save performances or sts to be used and also if globals are saved.

As note in manual you will find, that Split (Keyboard Mode) and Chord Scanning settings are reset when switching to different operating mode (Songplay / StylePlay /Sequencer) and additional you will find a hint, why to use "Write Global-Global Setup". But you should not close this lock as mentioned before, in case Chord Scanning shoul be selected via STS or performances.
I do not know what you did not to be succesful, but Pa2x - as you can see in your manual - is made to select different chord-scannings via STS or Performance. Such precious settings you can not do again with Pa4x / Pa1000, because how to play chords depend on settings fixed in Global > Mode Preferences.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
simondrake

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Siebenhirter,
I apologies for not following your advice.
I finally had the time to do exactly how you write and yes, it worked!

I can have my different chords scanning and split points for each and every sts in my songbook entries that is awesome.

May I dare to ask you one more?

in a songbook entry is it possible to have different automatic start of the style per sts? I mean I'd like to start my song in style mode with a sts1 where there is now style playing, only real tracks.
when I hit sts 2 I'd like to have the style track starting when I play the keyboard. then when hitting sts 1 while playing I'd like to have the rhythm stop when i play the keyboard

I tried, but it seems that my songbook saves either no auto start or auto start (or stop) for every sts. Am I doing something wrong or this is not possible.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: chord scanning / split point selected via STS Reply with quote

simondrake wrote:
.. I can have my different chords scanning and split points for each and every sts in my songbook entries .. in a songbook entry is it possible to have different automatic start of the style per sts? ..

CHORD SCANNING/SPLIT was settings of functions saved in Performance or STS, but Synchro Start / Synchro Stop are Style options to be memorized in current Songbook Entries.

So only the status (of Synchro Start / Synchro Stop / Memory) of functions is turned on/off/unchanged when selecting a Songbook entry.

So it is not possible to set different status of that functions via STS or Performance, but only with selection of a sb-entry.

simondrake

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot again. You are really supportive and prepared. A wizard of korg arrangers!
thomas700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrniceneasy wrote:
satya_music wrote:
Brother,
what about for pa700

Can we use / load it in our pa700 ???
Best regards,
Satya

Hi satya. I have reworked Duby's file so that it works from 'Direct Access' on your pa700. [Or loaded into your user banks] You can copy it into your pa Disk area and play the styles from there or from usb/sd card drive. I prefer the Direct Access as my User Banks are full of custom styles. I would think it's about 90% of the files Duby uploaded. You can of course alter Banks to suit how you would like them. Give it a try and let us know.

EDIT: Sorry link removed as incorrect location. Will repost once corrected

EDIT: New link

https://app.box.com/s/89a0t5lhzmu2a41zf4lqfyvoh6ejuxzw

Smile

awesome thanks
thomas

keyboards korgpa700 yamaha psr770 and technis kn

thomas700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: os Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
Here's what I wanted my PA 1000 to be the same4 as my PA4x, now I have accomplished it this has nothing to do with sounds and samples or ROM samples it has to do only with styles..

For an example the style love pop on the PA4x has sounds that the PA 1000 don't have. So when you copy the PA4x styles into the PA 1000 it doesn't sound the same, it sounds close, but the PA 1000 came with the style love pop in it, and Korg did the work and change the sounds and mix it so it would sound almost like the PA4, and did a good job,so anywhere the styles were the same I kept the original from the PA 1000. But all the styles are laid out in the same order as the PA4x, so it's just like having a little baby PA4x... I kept the style buttons the same under jazz you'll find just under a rock your fine rock the only one that's different is traditional and that is in bank favorite 2, so here's a link for the update that I did,, and this whole set up should work in the PA 700 just back up first..

http://www.mediafire.com/file/emgx8gi81aaikao/mix%20pa4-pa1000.SET.rar

thank you thomas

keyboards korgpa700 yamaha psr770 and technis kn

moebrand

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Zip Files can't be extracted on Mac using Zipeg .
Says unsupported format or corrupted .
DMS 3Reed Harmonium
an old Accordion
Apple iMac 480GB SSD , 12GB DDR3 Ram,
logic Pro X , Studio One 3.
Dell laptop with 500GB ssd and 8GB Ram , Korg Pa Manager V4
FL Studio 11 Producer Edition
Studio One 6 Artist
Allan & Heath Zedi 10FX mixer
Shure Beta 87A Condenser Microphone
Audio Technica in ear studio monitor headphones
Dnj

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Duby...............appreciate your efforts ....the chart really helped also to sort which styles were omitted from Pa1000...
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject: Saving Factory Styles Reply with quote

Am I correct in thinking if you unprotect the Factory styles and add your own to the banks the only way to save the additional factory styles is to do a full backup not a save all ?
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed in the comparison list the Ballad Banks are missing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: