Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Customising Your Korg Pa700 /Pa1000.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Customising Your Korg Pa700 /Pa1000. Reply with quote

Following on the previous discussions on Songbook entries and keyboard sets.

What's your approach to storing your customised settings for songs, and keyboards etc.

And how have you customised your Korg to meet your needs, what system works for you ?
B.Safe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Customising Your Korg Pa700 /Pa1000. Reply with quote

NativeAngels wrote:
What's your approach to storing your customised settings for songs, and keyboards etc.

Very serious point indeed Smile

Here is how I organized things on my new PA1000 :
1) All styles, keyboard sets, pads and songbook entries are in a Direct Folder on an USB stick. My son has his own stick and is organized the same way so we can share the PA1000 without interference
2) Internal songbook, keyboard sets, pads and styles are left empty and temporarily used for trials, sharing with my son and friends etc...
3) Self designed sounds (including those using RAM PCMs) are in USER folders because sounds cannot be stored on Direct Folders. Here we must organize together with my son : USER 1 & 2 and DRUM 1 for me and USER 3 & 4 and DRUM 2 for my son. Still some discussions with the RAM Smile
4) Songbook entries are used to store all parameters of a specific song/style or song template.
5) Keyboard Sets are used to allow for different sets of instruments on left/right hand for any song. Kind of standard instrument sets.
6) A simple copy of the USB stick to backup every thing

Last edited by B.Safe on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: Customising Reply with quote

I've so far downloaded the factory styles from the Pa50 up. Yes some will have been renamed but some don't exist in the Pa700. I've been storing the styles I'm likely to use in user slots together with the keyboard sets from these styles. Not touched the songbook yet. Time seems to fly when tweaking and setting up.
tomyl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Friends,
In PA1000 ,do we have option to add the styles to Favorite bank?. So far I don't see favorite style section on my PA1000. All I see is Factory, User and Direct.. That' it..
Please let me know if I need to take any action to get the favorite bank style section..
Thanks
ORGANGRINDER

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User bank is the same as favorite bank. choose style you want as favorite..Go to upper right screen and touch arrow. dropdown screen will say copy and paste
touch that and go to user bank and touch where you want it to go. once there, you can edit any way you want to and save all to style from dropdown menu.
HOPE THIS HELPS
MEL
tomyl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MEL.

Question? There are 4 variations for each style right, can we use separate drum kit for each variations? I tried and seems not working, the drum track remains same for all 4 variations.. May be I'am missing something..
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject: Different DrumSets to variations Reply with quote

tomyl wrote:
.. 4 variations for each style .. can we use separate drum kit for each variations? I tried and seems not working, the drum track remains same for all 4 variations ..

What you did KORG is calling "Write Style Settings" in sound play mode. Sounds / DrumSets for style tracks you choose from a style setting in Style Play Menue will not change when choosing a different Style Element (Intro, Variation…). That is because a new combination of Sounds / DrumSets only are written into the current Style Settings, affecting all elements of a style.

This gives you the opportunity to switch between the original sounds and the sounds of the style setting by touching the "Original Sound Set" - but in case you did not mark "Original Sound Set" sounds of each style element are the same.

Original Sound of tracks in style elements only can be changed in the style editor by assigning different sounds / drum sets to the style elements tracks and rewriting the style.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: