Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Something big is coming
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
afr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Something big is coming Reply with quote

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh5eepelVtw/

From Korg Australia Instagram page

Any idea?
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARP 2600 or a workstation replacement? Since its launch at the end of 2014, KORG's flagship KRONOS music workstation has had a phe·nom·e·nal ... Smile, eight year long run, don't remember seeing a new color issued so we're thinking a new workstation is on the horizon

We also think it interesting that Jordon Rudess will be talking everything Moog at this weeks Keyfest, wondering if Moog is going to set the JUCE loose and intro a POLY

Wow the next couple of months are going to be AWESOME
Korg Kronos II - Instant Karma's Gonna Get You, Synth Wars - The Rise of the KARP 2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, KARP & Odyessey, Moog One - The Poly Menace, Vintage 2016 Model D, Voyager of Sinbad XL, Fooger Family of Six, Three Mothers Like No Others, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, MoogClaraVox, Criklon V2, in living color, Elektron RytmII Avenue, Neuman U67
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm strictly guessing -- hoping -- how about releasing Kronos with all Korg libraries included, faster start-up, better quality control, get rid of the wood ends, make it as light as possible, 73/76 semi-weighted. Ohhh, maybe in my next life. Rolling Eyes
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have wanted a K3 or better for a year or 2.

There is 1 problem with that 'want ' today

There are several hundred A stock K2's in retail inventory. Maybe more.
And SW has a bunch of B stock K2's.

The MSRP has not budged 1 penny. IOW , no price reduction.

Lets consider, a new K type W/s. What do you think will happen to all those K2's in the retail channel ? No one will buy the old K2. Everyone plays wait and see. Retailers are skunked.

Korg doesn't allow that to happen. They support the retailers during any expensive product transition.

So, my take is no new K. Not now.

Sorry. Thats my take from the above.

Nintendo Switch is the new product on the way
iowagold
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:07 am    Post subject: a 2600 would be cool Reply with quote

a 2600 would be cool
if they made it as a 12 voice....
just make it to have the old 2-3 osc...
then have different sections with the same in the menu.
hybrid the analog and digital with full midi.
and have virtual routing via an i pad or computer...
Current Gear: korg m3 expanded radias firewire 88 key Radias r on mat, korg radias r on mat on 61 key bed, Korg triton rack w 96mb ram scsi port, 5) korg RADIAS-R on big rack, korg kaossilator pro plus, 6) roland integra7, 4 Roland sc55, 2 roland sb55, 5) fostex 2016, behringer fx2000, 2) roland a800 pro, 2) roland a88 and 2) a49, roland juno, Doepfer MAQ 16/3, 2 Manikin Electronic Schrittmacher, most soft synths. cake walk all old and new versions.
3 schecter guitars, 3 elevenracks, most mxr effects, 2 zoom r24, avid pro tools 11.
MRT midi Breath Controller. 6 studio rooms.
marc1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't hold my breath. Could be anything... honestly. And why would Korg Australia be the one to hint at a major new Korg (maybe workstation) release. Australia is certainly one of the less profitable areas in the world, at least for this sort of market. Anyways, we will find out soon.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marc1 wrote:
I wouldn't hold my breath. Could be anything... honestly. And why would Korg Australia be the one to hint at a major new Korg (maybe workstation) release. Australia is certainly one of the less profitable areas in the world, at least for this sort of market. Anyways, we will find out soon.

agreed. I am not a believer of 'tease marketing'. Esp a low cost Instagram blurb.

I would pay more attention to the larger marketplaces, such as the US.

Korg US is pitching the Switch or Gadget. Available in a few days.
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marc1 wrote:
I wouldn't hold my breath. Could be anything... honestly. And why would Korg Australia be the one to hint at a major new Korg (maybe workstation) release. Australia is certainly one of the less profitable areas in the world, at least for this sort of market.

...which leads me to believe it may be a big regional sales promotion and nothing more.
A KRONOS replacement is very unlikely for the reasons Greg already outlined, and an ARP 2600 would not be a smart move considering Behringer already has teased it.
I doubt that KORG is able to undercut Behringer's price.
sinnerman7777777

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Korg Kronos has availability problem in Chicagoland! Reply with quote

I agree a new flagship workstation to replace Kronos2 is unlikely--but the assertion that there are lots of Kronos2 in stock is....hard to believe! If they are around--they are NOT in Chicagoland! I had to drive way out to the suburbs of Chicago to find a store that had even ONE Kronos2 on the sales floor! Guitar Center stores in Chicago and suburbs have ZERO Kronos2 and KronosLS boards available.

*Why are no Kronos2's available in Chicagoland? (are they being discontinued?
*I ALSO can't find a store IN ALL OF CHICAGOLAND that has a Kronos LS for me to test either! (is it too new?)

Are retail music stores not carrying Korg keyboards much anymore??? Korg has a distribution problem! at least in chicago!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Kronos has availability problem in Chicagoland! Reply with quote

sinnerman7777777 wrote:
I agree a new flagship workstation to replace Kronos2 is unlikely--but the assertion that there are lots of Kronos2 in stock is....hard to believe! If they are around--they are NOT in Chicagoland! I had to drive way out to the suburbs of Chicago to find a store that had even ONE Kronos2 on the sales floor! Guitar Center stores in Chicago and suburbs have ZERO Kronos2 and KronosLS boards available.

*Why are no Kronos2's available in Chicagoland? (are they being discontinued?
*I ALSO can't find a store IN ALL OF CHICAGOLAND that has a Kronos LS for me to test either! (is it too new?)

Are retail music stores not carrying Korg keyboards much anymore??? Korg has a distribution problem! at least in chicago!

LOL. Maybe the retail stores in chicago are the problem.
GC hasn't carried many high priced w/s in years.
Fergettabout GC carrying a Kronos.

Simply, they can't afford to. The chain is close to business
insolvency.

Go order GC online if you like. That works perfect.

Or call SW in Indiana. this co I call " SW" that has DOZENS of K2's
Maybe more. I am 100% positive.

You can find Fort Wayne Indiana. If anyone has an LS, it would be them. Yes, thats a newer off shoot of the K2. There are Several LS on eBay.

And there are several dozen new K2's on the bay.

Its a big world out side of Chicago Wink
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gadget on Switch is my guess, it's being teased on the Korg au site news. That or maybe they might be doing a workshop tour downunder, as that's something we never get out of synth companies....but I doubt it, what are they going to do workshops on?
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

megamarkd wrote:
Gadget on Switch is my guess, it's being teased on the Korg au site news. That or maybe they might be doing a workshop tour downunder, as that's something we never get out of synth companies....but I doubt it, what are they going to do workshops on?

That would be something small..
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could always be a "big" Tuner!!!

Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marc1 wrote:
Australia be the one to hint at a major new Korg (maybe workstation) release. Australia is certainly one of the less profitable areas in the world, at least for this sort of market. Anyways, we will find out soon.

Unless its a new color ... the Kronos Great White, in Australia, all other keyboards are now just seals ... Smile
Korg Kronos II - Instant Karma's Gonna Get You, Synth Wars - The Rise of the KARP 2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, KARP & Odyessey, Moog One - The Poly Menace, Vintage 2016 Model D, Voyager of Sinbad XL, Fooger Family of Six, Three Mothers Like No Others, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, MoogClaraVox, Criklon V2, in living color, Elektron RytmII Avenue, Neuman U67
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooked On Sonics wrote:
marc1 wrote:
Australia be the one to hint at a major new Korg (maybe workstation) release. Australia is certainly one of the less profitable areas in the world, at least for this sort of market. Anyways, we will find out soon.

Unless its a new color ... the Kronos Great White, in Australia, all other keyboards are now just seals ... Smile

Sort of my dream. A fluorescent glow in the dark Kronos
And it has to float on water.
Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: