Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't Upgrade Korg Kronos X-73 to 3.1.2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Talbass

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:41 am    Post subject: Can't Upgrade Korg Kronos X-73 to 3.1.2 Reply with quote

Hi,

Brand new Korg Kronos user today, and I've been trying to upgrade my Korg Kronos X-73 to the latest software.

Did the following: Downloaded the Upgrade and Restore pdf and followed the instructions.
Formatted a new USB flash drive to FAT32, with nothing else on the drive. Downloaded the Upgrade to my MacMini running High Sierra. Unzipped the upgrade file using Archive Utility but had trouble determining which files should be copied to the USB drive. Here is a copy of the list of the files:

bc
DisplayUpdaterMessage
install.info
KRONOS_Update_3_1_2.csum
KRONOS_Update_3_1_2.tar.gz
Manuals
md5sum
mnt
posttar.sh
pretar.sh

I copied several selections of these files, including all the files, onto the USB drive and tried to load it into the Kronos X-73, but kept getting the Error...update unsuccessful.

It's probably something obvious and simple, since I'm not a sophisticated computer user, and almost certainly user error, but any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!
Talbass

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:15 am    Post subject: Whew! Reply with quote

Got it figured out, I guess. I had been formatting the USB on my Mac...when I formatted it on the Kronos, it worked...go figure.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got it sorted.

Yes, it is best to format your stick on the Kronos to ensure it will be happy with it.

Enjoy the Kronos! It is a monster machine. Smile

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
aellison62

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Newest OS for Kronos X Reply with quote

Also a new user here, getting a used Kronos X 61 and seller tells me that it is running 3.0.4. Am I correct that the latest OS for the Kronos X is 3.1.2 ??

If that is true, I see that formatting a USB stick on the Kronos is the way to go (from previous poster). My question is, will any of the user data on this used Kronos get lost or does the OS update operation not affect that? Just want to be sure. I am a previous M3 owner so kinda know my way around this architecture but it's been awhile.. Thanks
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Newest OS for Kronos X Reply with quote

aellison62 wrote:

My question is, will any of the user data on this used Kronos get lost or does the OS update operation not affect that? Just want to be sure. I am a previous M3 owner so kinda know my way around this architecture but it's been awhile.. Thanks

No guaranty - there is some chance an OS update will over write the user data.

Do a save all to a USB stick Before doing the OS update.

As a matter of standard practice , do a save all to USB as your user data grows and grows. If you have a SSD failure or some other remote problem, at least you have archived and can recover.

I have numerous song files, backed up to USB and archived on my mac.
aellison62

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject: Upgrading Kronos X to 3.1.2 Reply with quote

Talbass, I see you mentioned the various files from the download and were asking which one needs to go on the formatted flash drive. I am in that same situation, can you tell me which file needs to be on the USB flashrdrive? Is it the one that ends in .tar ?
aellison62

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:54 pm    Post subject: Upgrading Kronos X to 3.1.2 Reply with quote

Is this the file that needs to be on formatted flash Drive?

geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: Upgrading Kronos X to 3.1.2 Reply with quote

aellison62 wrote:
Is this the file that needs to be on formatted flash Drive?

Put all the files on the USB.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
aellison62

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject: Upgrading Kronos X to 3.1.2 Reply with quote

Got it, thanks !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: