Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Something big is coming
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
marc1 wrote:
I wouldn't hold my breath. Could be anything... honestly. And why would Korg Australia be the one to hint at a major new Korg (maybe workstation) release. Australia is certainly one of the less profitable areas in the world, at least for this sort of market.

...which leads me to believe it may be a big regional sales promotion and nothing more.
A KRONOS replacement is very unlikely for the reasons Greg already outlined, and an ARP 2600 would not be a smart move considering Behringer already has teased it.
I doubt that KORG is able to undercut Behringer's price.

*Bing*

Bachus wrote:
megamarkd wrote:
Gadget on Switch is my guess, it's being teased on the Korg au site news. That or maybe they might be doing a workshop tour downunder, as that's something we never get out of synth companies....but I doubt it, what are they going to do workshops on?

That would be something small..

Remember it's Korg Australia. Considering we are treated as a backwater town when it comes to electronic musical instruments, it's a big thing for a local announcement of any sort. I'm surprised we even have Prologues in the country now when Behringer couldn't get their new synths into the country at the same time as any country in the Northern Hemisphere. Teenage Engineering PO's weren't available locally for like two years after they were released, so it was a big deal when they went on sale locally, many retailers selling their entire shipment in a day.

But yeah, it could be a promo, could be their Prologue showcases (but I doubt that as they are being promoted on FB), could be an announcement of a local office (instead of CMI distro being their Au contact; so much fun registering a product on a page that looks like 1999 and does nothing to even acknowledge the registration).
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
AtinDallas

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg PA5X with all the Kronos engine and features maybe?
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless they are finally going to release a rack version of Kronos....or the operating system to run on computer. That wouldn't dent the existing hardware stock all that much surely :-\
The shear quantity of sales at a cheaper price for a universal platform would at least compare to selling less hardware units, maybe?

Though....... any thought of this may transgress their corporate philosophies...so maybe not Sad
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeltaJockey wrote:
Unless they are finally going to release a rack version of Kronos....or the operating system to run on computer. That wouldn't dent the existing hardware stock all that much surely :-\
The shear quantity of sales at a cheaper price for a universal platform would at least compare to selling less hardware units, maybe?

Though....... any thought of this may transgress their corporate philosophies...so maybe not Sad

I understand everyone's wishes. I have mine , too. But I gave up some time ago. Thats completelty my choice, and I have moved on to other good choices.

I am happy with what I have to work with, musically. There are numerous non Korg alternatives that are excellent.

My interests and planning have no impact on Korgs strategy. As a long time customer I find that 'disconnect ' ( to not plan with Korg) to be somewhat surprising.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but the Instagram post has been ammended to indicate that, whatever it is, will be Audtralia only Sad
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha!!! - Australia only eh!!!!!!

Well in that case it's probably the release of the Korg Triton (considering we haven't even reached year 2000 here yet Wink )

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeedyLee wrote:
Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but the Instagram post has been ammended to indicate that, whatever it is, will be Audtralia only Sad

So my 2 cats, and I with all my gear should move to Down Under ?

I am sitting on the edge of my chair, credit card in hand, with the moving company on hold ...

Wink
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I don't think the conjecture is confined to Kronos only. I've been getting emails for clearance discounts on ALL Korg products today, in some Australian stores.

Must be then, as was mentioned, to do with Korg distribution locally,
CowboyNQ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
SeedyLee wrote:

I am sitting on the edge of my chair, credit card in hand, with the moving company on hold ...

Wink

Come on down, Greg! You can stay in my spare room and stockpile your new Kronii there, too.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboyNQ wrote:
GregC wrote:
SeedyLee wrote:

Wink

Come on down, Greg! You can stay in my spare room and stockpile your new Kronii there, too.

Cool ! Let me know if you have electricity and Internet over there. I don't require much Wink
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Aha!!! - Australia only eh!!!!!!

Well in that case it's probably the release of the Korg Triton (considering we haven't even reached year 2000 here yet Wink )

Very Happy

Or a Korgan...
An Organ branded with the name Korg

It would certainly be a big thing for sure...
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
CowboyNQ wrote:
GregC wrote:
SeedyLee wrote:

Wink

Cool ! Let me know if you have electricity and Internet over there. I don't require much Wink

I don't know why, but this reminded me of something an Aussie work mate sent me (we did a lot of work over at Woomera Test Range 2011-2015). Smile

We used to pass through Adelaide to get to Woomera (either by driving via Port Augusta or flying to Olympic Dam). Nice spot. IIRC you have a very good music store there (albeit things may take a while to get there unless Greg takes up your offer Wink ). First and last time I ever got to try a V-Synth out. I was whiling away a rainy Saturday on a rest day, found the store, explained I had no intention of buying (shipping home to Wales would have been extortionate!) but would they mind if I tried it out. They were very obliging. Also had some good advice on a guitar problem I was having at the time.

Quote:

These were posted on an Australian Tourism Website and the answers are the actual responses by the website officials, who obviously have a great sense of humour (not to mention a low tolerance threshold for cretins!)

Q: Does it ever get windy in Australia ? I have never seen it rain on TV, how do the plants grow? ( UK ).

A: We import all plants fully grown and then just sit around watching them die.

Q: Will I be able to see kangaroos in the street? ( USA )

A:Depends how much you've been drinking.

Q:I want to walk from Perth to Sydney - can I follow the railroad tracks? ( Sweden)

A: Sure, it's only three thousand miles, take lots of water.

Q: Are there any ATMs (cash machines) in Australia ? Can you send me a list of them in Brisbane , Cairns , Townsville and Hervey Bay ? ( UK)

A: What did your last slave die of?

Q:Can you give me some information about hippo racing in Australia ? ( USA )

A: A-Fri-ca is the big triangle shaped continent south of Europe .....
Aus-tra-lia is that big island in the middle of the Pacific which does not
... Oh forget it. Sure, the hippo racing is every Tuesday night in Kings Cross. Come naked.

Q:Which direction is North in Australia ? ( USA )

A: Face south and then turn 180 degrees. Contact us when you get here and we'll send the rest of the directions.

Q: Can I bring cutlery into Australia ? ( UK )

A:Why? Just use your fingers like we do...

Q:Can you send me the Vienna Boys' Choir schedule? ( USA )

A: Aus-tri-a is that quaint little country bordering Ger-man-y, which is
Oh forget it. Sure, the Vienna Boys Choir plays every Tuesday night in Kings Cross, straight after the hippo races. Come naked.

Q: Can I wear high heels in Australia ? ( UK )

A: You are a British politician, right?

Q:Are there supermarkets in Sydney and is milk available all year round? ( Germany )

A: No, we are a peaceful civilization of vegan hunter/gatherers.
Milk is illegal.

Q:Please send a list of all doctors in Australia who can Dispense rattlesnake serum. ( USA )

A: Rattlesnakes live in A-meri-ca which is where YOU come from.
All Australian snakes are perfectly harmless, can be safely handled and make good pets.

Q:I have a question about a famous animal in Australia , but I forget its name. It's a kind of bear and lives in trees. ( USA )

A: It's called a Drop Bear. They are so called because they drop out of Gum trees and eat the brains of anyone walking underneath them.
You can scare them off by spraying yourself with human urine before you go out walking.

Q:I have developed a new product that is the fountain of youth. Can you tell me where I can sell it in Australia ? ( USA)

A: Anywhere significant numbers of Americans gather.

QVery Happyo you celebrate Christmas in Australia ? ( France )

A: Only at Christmas.

Q: Will I be able to speak English most places I go? ( USA )

A: Yes, but you'll have to learn it first

And I always loved the "Map of Australia" that he sent me. Woomera is on the boundary of "Scorching Desert" and "Nothing".... Very Happy Very Happy

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Cook wrote:
[

Wink

I don't know why, but this reminded me of something an Aussie work mate sent me (we did a lot of work over at Woomera Test Range 2011-2015). Smile

We used to pass through Adelaide to get to Woomera (either by driving via Port Augusta or flying to Olympic Dam). Nice spot. IIRC you have a very good music store there (albeit things may take a while to get there unless Greg takes up your offer Wink ). First and last time I ever got to try a V-Synth out. I was whiling away a rainy Saturday on a rest day, found the store, explained I had no intention of buying (shipping home to Wales would have been extortionate!) but would they mind if I tried it out. They were very obliging. Also had some good advice on a guitar problem I was having at the time.

Quote:

These were posted on an Australian Tourism Website and the answers are the actual responses by the website officials, who obviously have a great sense of humour (not to mention a low tolerance threshold for cretins!)

Hysterical funny, Derek. Thanks ! Fortunately sharks and rats don't bother me, too much Wink
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always entertained by how little the rest of the world knows about the real Australia.Laughing

Unfortunately, with our connected world, that notion is quickly disappearing!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeltaJockey wrote:
I'm always entertained by how little the rest of the world knows about the real Australia.Laughing

Unfortunately, with our connected world, that notion is quickly disappearing!

I am sure your country is great and diverse. Keep in mind there are 39 million Californians, many who might be interested in moving Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: