Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Pa1000 OS V1.0.1 and newer OS POTENTIAL BUG REPORT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Continue bug list - do not trust a rumor Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
ebuzer52 wrote:
.. korg never announced that "update is coming" .. .

To have some safe information from a secretive source should never prevent publishing information and complaining to the correct address, when claims to an OS update appear legitimate.

Publishing always was a better way to improve problems if necessary.

Only when sufficient information about inadequacies will land reliably in the right place a corresponding reaction may be made - and possibly even KORG will made an announcement in future as to whether and when an OS update will be released.

ebuzer52 wrote:
Korg will solve problems. Read topic. In this webpages, the news are comes true

I would not rely on that - better do not trust a rumor!
It is better to continue the bug-list started by "Lika" and to publish it accordingly, if one has reason to legitimate complaints - until problems really are solved it maybe true.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
ebuzer52
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brother, believe or not. Anyone forces you. Here is a paltform that sharing news or info. It may come true or not. Of course lets go on to write bug list all we together. There is no bad aim. Many users had frozen and bug especially on pa1000. I am trying to create awareness. I am searching. If i had a mistake, sorry all. But my aim is not bad, if any good news i hear, i am sharing. If any good sets or sounds i had, i am sharing. I think you misunderstood
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject: Buglist Pa1000 Reply with quote

ebuzer52 wrote:
.. But my aim is not bad ..

Also my aim is not bad - if users had frozen Pa1000 it is best to complain until problems really are solved - that's primary what this thread of the platform is for!

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
ebuzer52
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you brother.
Lika
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
An other thing that KORG PA team have to fix !!!

When we push "song select" button we see an window with : "type-name-size-date" and can't to see whole name of song (MP3 and soo) ....
In global - preferences - media we can uncheck what we don't want to see and leave just "type - name" ,as it was in older Korg PA instruments, but then we haven't in media (disk) mode all those "type-name-size-date" that we want to have ....

Can't understand - does anyone of Korg PA team use its instrument ? Sad

P.S.
Please don't write here anything but BUGS !!!
Moderators - please delete all comments which are not relevant with bugs describe ....
Thanks
Make Music !!!
Lika
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi .
Today we had an update with a few fixes , by me or by my bug list just one bug has fixed .... It is something , better than nothing Smile.
It is bug number 5 .

5: when we use the "search" for Keyboard set library , and press select to copy to that which I want to copy on Style Keyboard Set , that Keyboard set becomes a piano ...

the issue is:
If we have a PA2X Performance that has been transferred to PA3X and now to PA1000,by selecting this KEYBOARD SET LIBRARY (performance) and turning to the KEYBOARD SET 1,2,3 or 4 (STS) , the KEYBOARD SET (STS) becomes Piano.
If we change Style and play a KEYBOARD SET (STS) from that STYLE, everything comes back.

SOLVED (Fixed)
Make Music !!!
Lika
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
I found time to check if korg has fixed any of BUGS with os v 1.2.0.

well korg has fixed just 1(one) bug of my list !!! Sad

bug is number 1:
1. When entering Style Record / Edit mode and on Style Edit doing Delete All or Copy All,then Save and get out - does not works Chord Recognition.
It is plays only Fingered 3 Notes.
Turn off - turn on the instrument - everything works well.

Fixed ...
---------------------------------------
other BUGS to see ...
os v1.2.0 (May 23 2018)

1 - Fixed , 2 - NOT , 3 - NOT , 4 - NOT , 5- Fixed , 6- NOT , 7- NOT ,
8 - NOT , 9 - NOT , 10 - NOT , 11 - NOT !!!

I can say just one thing - KORG PA1000 WAS MY FIRST WORST CHOICE OF KORG INSTRUMENTS !!!
Make Music !!!
Shandera

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. I'm from Russia. Difficulties with translation are possible. I found 2 errors. If you play under the metronome. And record your game in a mp3 file. The sound of the metronome will also be recorded in the mp3 file. Error 2. In some styles, when changing from one Var to Var2 to Var3 to Var4. The style stumbles. Instead of a beautiful fillet, like Yamaha, a porridge sounds.
Lika
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
Today I faced a strange situation.
I use assignable switches 2 and 3 for " Text Up / Text Down " for reading lyrics .
In Style Play Mode it works always ok , but today I wanted to sing a song in Song Play Mode and Lyrics doesn't do " Text Up and Text Down " with assignable switches ....
Now tha BUG NUMBER 12 - in Song Play Mode Text Up and Text Downd doesn't works !!!
I know that it is too late for this update , which is coming , to be fixed but please Korg Pa do the fix this BUG in the next update Smile .
Thanks .
Make Music !!!
Lika
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
I did update my PA1000 to OS 1.3.1 and now will say which bugs are fixed .

1 - Fixed (OS 1.3.1) , 2 - NOT , 3 - NOT , 4 - Half Fixed (OS 1.3.1) , 5- Fixed(OS 1.2.0) , 6- NOT , 7- NOT ,
8 - Fixed (OS1.3.1) , 9 - NOT , 10 - NOT , 11 - NOT !!!

At list seven bugs of my list are not fixed Sad ...

Bug number 4 is half fixed Smile ...

4.The Set List does not work correctly , when you press for two times Set List button it not leave from the screen and you must press Exit to leave. If you have pressed Set List and by accident press Exit when you are on Set List, Set List remains active , and you will have troubles Smile

in older OSes when you press Set List two time it had all List leds on (that means -set list was active) . now when we press two time it goes inactive but you have to press EXIT to leave a List Page ...

An other thing

Now with OS 1.3.1 when you do load a new set (pa1000) with all things (sound-global-kbd set ....) at the end of loading pa1000 does reboot...
very strange Sad , i don't know if it bug or it has to be like this ...

Will waiting and hope to Korg sometime will fixes those BUGS Smile

Thanks Smile
Make Music !!!
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject: Pa1000 - StyleToKbdSet = Off always change KbdSet to #1 Reply with quote

Lika wrote:
... Will waiting and hope to Korg sometime will fixes those BUGS Smile Thanks Smile

It is particularly most disappointing that the error 6 has not been fixed, which if "StyleToKbSet" = OFF is supposed to prevent the change on a KbdSet, the automatically enforced switch to KbSet#1 when choosing a songbook entry with a running style causes a bumpy interrupting transition, which is musically useless.

Not only does the "StyleToKbSet" = OFF feature not work as described, this virtually makes it impossible to use the songbook with title-specific styles!

johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously......this update is a bit of a laugh really. I assume it was performed by Korg USA but not sure....
A real and proper update is not foreseen until September according to Korg sources that I spoke to, so I would not hold my breath and make "make music while the sun shines ".
Of course the 28 new styles incorporated in the 3.0 update for the PA4X are a welcoming addition to the PA1000 and PA700, see other discussions here.....

regards
John
Lika
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
About rebooting of pa1000 .
When you load set of pa1000 with global inside it does reboot . If set hasn't global inside , pa1000 doesn't do reboot .
I confirmed this to pa1000 of friend of mine .
Would be great if someone from Korg Pa team could say - is that bug or not ...
Thanks
Make Music !!!
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:44 pm    Post subject: OS Pa1000 - made only for Beta tests Reply with quote

Lika wrote:
.. did update my Pa1000 to OS 1.3.1 and now will say which bugs are fixed .
1 - Fixed (OS 1.3.1) , 2 - NOT , 3 - NOT , 4 - Half Fixed (OS 1.3.1) , 5- Fixed(OS 1.2.0) , 6- NOT , 7- NOT , 8 - Fixed (OS1.3.1) , 9 - NOT , 10 - NOT , 11 - NOT !!!
At list seven bugs of my list are not fixed Sad ... bug number 4 is half fixed Smile ... waiting and hope to Korg sometime will fixes those BUGS Smile Thanks Smile

Taking into account that on the MySetting button we are unable to save and retrieve the styles, there are at least a total of 12 well-known bugs in OS of Korgs Pa1000 since the product was launched in March 2018 and was delivered since July 2018.

With OS-update 1.3.1 from a list of 12 bugs eight of them are not fixed .

johnsmies wrote:
.. real and proper update is not foreseen until September according to Korg sources that I spoke to, so I would not hold my breath and make "make music while the sun shines ...

I believe in John's message and it seems to be true, there no updates would been foreseen until September 2019.

This is a scandal of Korg, because the Pa1000 was not made available free of charge for beta testers for more then 14 months, but as a fully and acurate functioning Arranger keyboard sold to customers who thus have acquired a right to a well-functioning Instrument.

So it's understandable why one ..
Lika wrote:
.. can say just one thing - KORG Pa1000 WAS MY FIRST WORST CHOICE OF KORG INSTRUMENTS !!!

What serious recommendation someone can give me if I'm interested in a Pa1000?
Waiting and hope or should I hold my breath and "make music while the sun shines" with another instrument of previous series or should I better look for an instrument of another brand?

Shame on Korg's Product Development and Customer Support.

Lika
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After updating PA1000 to OS 1.5 we have no one bugs fixed of my list !!!!

1 - Fixed (OS 1.3.1)
2 - NOT
3 - NOT
4 - Half Fixed (OS 1.3.1)
5- Fixed(OS 1.2.0)
6- NOT
7- NOT
8 - Fixed (OS1.3.1)
9 - NOT
10 - NOT
11 - NOT
Make Music !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: